Typing A Spell Name for Spellmaker Crashes Me

superdeluxe

It does seem that you have a somewhat complex problem here. There do seem to a number of possible answers here so I'll try to help by giving you as many as you feel will help:

1. I assume that your character is a wizard - normally that's the only person who will cast a spell.
  2. Next - and a lot of people will get on at me, but when was the last time you defragged you hard drive(s)?
  3. What mods do you have installed?

You may think "what has my defragging the hard driv(s) got to do with this?" My reply to that is everything. When you play a game, you don't use al the files at the same time, and those you do use tend over time to get broken into smaller sections (or fragmented) and are all over your disk(s). The result of this is that the programme can no longer find the files, so the game crashes. The big problem is that with the drives of today, a lot of people seem to think taht because they have a large hard drive, they do not need to defrag, not so, it is still necessary.

Another cause could be the various mods you have installed. This entails going into the Data Files and un-checking ALL the files you placed, just leave the programme esm in place.. start the game again and save, restart and see if all is well. Now continue this process with one or two mods at a time extra, carry on until you find the faulty mod. leave that unchecked and continue to the end of you mod list. If you have several problem mods, either re-download them or if you keep them, re-load from copies you hold. Unfortunately the copies you hold may have also become corrupted, so delete them, defrag your system and then re-download them again. If you can remove the faulty esp's from your machine BEFORE writing the new downloads to the game.