Kill all NPCs

LeopoldCrank

but it's like this guy knows something else that I don't.

At least we agree on something.

Ah god. We have a self-proclaimed know-it-all who claims to have huge objections to my mod proposition, and yet can only back it up by saying:

Step 1. heavy scripting

Step 2. Quest heavy

Step3. .........

Step 4. Broken game

But far be it for me to take you from the dazzling heights of whatever throne you've built for yourself.

Ah god. We have a self-proclaimed know-it-all who claims to have huge objections to my mod proposition, and yet can only back it up by saying:

Step 1. heavy scripting

Step 2. Quest heavy

Step3. .........

Step 4. Broken game

But far be it for me to take you from the dazzling heights of whatever throne you've built for yourself.

Do you feel better now?

Step 1. heavy scripting

Step 2. Quest heavy

Step3. .........

Step 4. Broken game

Do you feel better now?

Much, thanks

I don't think the game would break entirely. You just would have to be careful about what quests you are currently in and who you kill and in what order you do it. For an easy example, consider Baurus at the very start of the game. I don't think he actually is carrying the key to exit the sewers (though I could be wrong), so if you kill him before he ever gives you the key, you will be locked in the sewers. Likewise if you have the GOTY edition and you go to Shivering Isles for the first time and decide to kill Haskill at this moment, you will never be able to access the Shivering Isles beyond that little room you start in.

Other complete areas of the game may remain locked because you killed someone related to opening that area. For instance, again with Haskill, say you decide to spare him for the first encounter, and decide to spare everyone in the fringe, at least until you can leave the fringe. You reach Haskill and kill him. This means anything that is locked during the main quest-line of Shivering Isles that involves Haskill even once will never occur and it remains locked.

You also may end up stuck with quest items as a result since you may have been forced to pick one up (easy example is the amulet) and killed the person you were supposed to give it to. Console will be your friend for unlocking and removing such limitations. Likewise, as you run into limitations like these, you could take note of them so you can later create the mod to have a "quest failed" path for each affected quest triggered by killing each of the essential characters, giving you the needed equipment, removing the quest items, etc. Just make sure you do it for every questline the NPC is involved in for completeness sake.

If he doesn't mind those limitations (I have Morrowind, but never really played it, so not sure if those limitations also existed for Morrowind. Only played Daggerfall and Oblivion) then I don't see why his game breaking is an issue.

Just open up the CS and go through every NPC and see if they have essential clicked. >.>

Although, I do agree with Hickory. There is a reason why they are essential, and it would screw up your game. However, if you don't want to do quests then go ahead and make your mod / get someone to do it for you. Personally, I really don't see why you wouldn't want to do quests? But, everyone to themselves. :P

The game would only be messed up if the NPCs died, there's no guarantee that they will or not. I've played the entire Fallout 3 storyline with my realism mod (which removes all Essential flags) and managed it. Sure, the close proximity the NPCs in Oblivion fight in would make it easier to die, but on my realism mod, every NPC has only 100HP and can die from 2 shots.

I had never come over thet kind of mod but i probably think that mod exists

and you should look for it on youtube or hte site......