Diamonds In The Bargain Bin.

Vindekarr

My local branch of EB games has to work very hard-they have limited stock, get new games late, and have to work hard to out-sell digital sales sites such as Steam, Direct2Drive, and EA's site.

So last week they tossed out a truly insane sale-buy one get one free. Buy any game, get one free, and then pushed it further with a stock clearence sale.

I came away with a brand new special edition Razer Onza controler for 30% off, FNV for 60% off(brand new game for Pre Owned price FTW) and managed to wrangle BattleStations Pacific for $15 and got a pre owned but mint Metro 2033 for free.

What amazed me however was not the value but that they were giving these away.

I have to admit Im sometimes stunned by what ends up in the bargain bin, or more directly, what joy I've gotten from battered, bruised five and a bit year old games-earlier in the year I got a free copy of Grid with Dirt 3, and ended up spending more time on Grid than Dirt!

Has anyone else had this sort of experience? I get it often enough to spend more money on old than new these days, 2007 era games may not be pretty, but I've gotten some great pre owneds lately, like Metro and Grid, and even the somewhat odd Battlestations. I guess it makes me a dumpster diver, but it's realy enriched my collection, and meant I've got a large bulk of good games I couldn't possibly have afforded when they were new.

I don't visit many physical gaming stores any more (Mostly because they've stopped stocking PC games), but Steam is like that for me. GTA San Andreas for 3.5 dollars, and Deus Ex for the same price? Sweet. Borderlands GoTY for 7.5 dollars.

I could Pick up some great deals, but i have already picked the bones at my local eb. my gamming laptop is getting a little old (no pixil shader3).

Just recently though i picked prototype and assassin creed for xbox for $9 both preowned though got prototype free :)