The 18 Skills of Skyrim

natelovesyou

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it was a screwdriver as a tension wrench in Fallout, now its another pick to replace the tension wrench for Skyrim? when on earth are they just going to throw it the damn tension wrench!

Well to a layman a tension wrench would just look like another type of pick.

you said: "From what I've gathered off of at least IGN's article on the hands-on demo of Skyrim, Lockpicking will be more like Fallout 3 than like Oblivion, but with two lockpicks instead of one and a more realistic twist. Not that I've ever picked a lock in real life or anything...haha. ;]"

but i have read that portion of the article and its sounds to me like its going to be the same as in fallout, with only one lockpick. the journalist says that you put 2 picks in and you stop the top pick at some point in the arc, then test the bottom pick to see if you can turn it 90 degrees. so you will use 2 picks but one pick basically replaces the screwdriver that was in fallout.

not that i mind. i liked fallouts lockpicking, even though it was rather easy.

That's a very good point! I really liked Fallout 3's system too, hated Oblivion's quite often. I'm glad they changed it.

Edited by natelovesyou

• 1 month later...
Updated with some more new info, some people have remarked that they haven't seen the perks of certain skills, so maybe this will help.

The Manual leak suggests that theres a dual-casting perk for Destruction too (and presumably Restoration).

Any chance these perks were simply put in for everyone in the demo build to display the functionality, but that we'll have to buy the perks come release? Thats my current conclusion.

I'm pretty sure we'll start totally clean-slate like in Fallout 3, no perks at all since we'll be level 1. Otherwise, giving us perks in a new game is like already pre-defining us...Todd has said that Bethesda's mission with Skyrim is to let the player "be who you play", so a clean slate is perfect.

I'm pretty sure we'll start totally clean-slate like in Fallout 3, no perks at all since we'll be level 1. Otherwise, giving us perks in a new game is like already pre-defining us...Todd has said that Bethesda's mission with Skyrim is to let the player "be who you play", so a clean slate is perfect.

I may not have been clear. I meant:

- People who played thus far said that there's no dual-handed Restoration and Destruction perks, that those abilities required no perks

- And that yet the manual suggests these abilities ARE perk-based after all, and that therefore we'll need to buy them if we want them.

I agree there will be no free perks, but its after all possible that they disabled some perks in the demo build and made sure everyone had them for demo purposes.

If Im right, it means the perks people are seeing in the demo arent totally exhaustive... and that there will be a few more that must be brought come release.