Pray to the nine divines here for something you want from the modding

WolfySnackrib

I agree with Alcrin, and I hope that your best-case scenario is the reality. I really like the idea of spells having a minimum requirement for usage, and power scaling after that. No more continuously buying the stronger version of the same darn spell!

Also acceptable would be "upgraded" versions that have higher scaling slopes (skill/3 instead of skill/4 or something) but higher magicka cost, with these bigger versions having a higher skill requirement. Being stuck with a fire stream only doing 6 points per second even at the highest skill level would be a bit lame, even if it is cheap to cast.

One additional detail that I noticed is that certain numbers in the spell descriptions were in bold, white text (ex: damage numbers for Destruction, Magicka cost for all spells). This seems to reinforce the idea that these values are not fixed, and that they will change based on your character's skill level.

Or it could just be bolded for the sake of UI considerations: A spell's effect strength and cost are its most important properties, so the user's eye needs to be drawn to them immediately. It makes sense to have them as the most prominent elements whether they're mutable or not.

By the way, it may interest you that if you looked more closely you'll notice the effect numbers aren't all bolded in white: The color depends on the effect. Fire damage is in red, Shock damage in blue.

It's probably for certain spell the. Because I know if Detect Life Chameleon and all those had Oblivion's Style. So this in reality is Impossible if Heal and everything like chameleon (The ones that had a different skill level like Soul Trap. Most likely from what your saying is that certain spells like Frost Bite and Frost Rune for example are different levels and do not level because there's different versions of them.) Yes, Friend talked to a BGS that he got to know and added on FB and he said that some spells like Detect Life are like this but some aren't like in the Destruction category. He said they wanted to let you sweep through inventory's faster. If there was still 200 spells in Alteration for example he said that they felt it would be closer to Oblivion's inventory overload. So what he said is what I basically said. Unique spells if you will call them like Detect Life change with their mastery, Spells like Frost Rune or something (Not saying Frost rune is like this just comparing it) won't do that as there are various ones from that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UI convenience aspect did cross my mind; however, it would make sense that the spells don't do the same damage regardless of skill (assuming that our guesses about spell tiers are correct). Mostly, though, it's just a trend that I've seen in RPG menus. No way to know for sure. Man, do I love speculating about this, though! I would love it if it didn't take three or four mods to make magic fun and useful in this one.

Well, they've added tons of things to Skyrim that were in popular Oblivion mods. Hopefully they've taken cues from the magic system overhauls we've done, but I don't think any of the overhauls do something exactly like my "Evolving Magic" idea. They seem to have learned their lesson about enchanting and hopefully it won't be possible to get stuff like 100% chameleon.

Where are you seeing these differing colors in the UI? QuakeCon? I just looked again, and it all looks white to me; maybe a blue or red glow, but that seems to be soming from the animated spell "blob" above it.

Ah, yes, you're correct, I just double checked as well. My memory's been playing tricks on me. Ah well.

I hope smithing and enchanting don't have gold costs. You have to gather the materials and do the work: You should be able to profit from it!

Edited by Alcrin

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I pray to the nine divines to have Skywind, beyond skyrim, or that chinese stuff Chacoon city or how they call it being finished soon.

Very SOON.

Also I pray that we could have a proper injury mod, where you can get bruises and scars on you either as a decal plugin for racemenu, which if you get a big hp loss, give you a wound, which would heal over time.

Also praying for all the mods, which are having debuffs for injuries, hunger, sickness, thirstiness, desire..please don`t just reduce the stat regen or the stat itself. Do realistic debuffs, please.

Injuries:

Slow movement if this legs are injured.

Head? blurry vision or darkness(!)

Arm? No more fencing baby... also lockpicking...you are dreaming.. :smile:

stomach, chest? Somebody could make animation for that chest grabbing, stomach holding injured movement (slower)

bleeding.

Hunger?

First stomach growling..

then red vision for a couple seconds.

damage reduction, slow movement, red vision constant...redness...death.

Thirst?

Blurred vision sometimes for couple of seconds.

actual voice would say...I am thirsty.

later on...I am very thirsty.

blurred vision constant.

I am dying...

Blur...

These real debuffes and effects, not some stamina regen decrease.

If someone would make an injury and needs consequences overhaul ( call it IANCO :smile: )

WOULD BE AWESOME.

Edited by metaton