What is Steam doing now....?

Kimberlee

I went to launch New Vegas and was rewarded with an (Error 51) for my troubles. :( I did my dutiful google search and poked around a bit and didn't fins a solution to this. So I verified my game files and discovered that it had to reacquire 10 files it saw as missing. Weird. And the fun part? Its a WHOPPING 4.8 GB for these files I had to download this already TWICE to get the game working! Why do I have to do it a third time? Has anyone run into this problem before? How did you fix it?

FalloutNV.esm

ClassicPack.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

More Perks.esm

Lings.esm

More Traits.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

EVE FNV.esp

Selected NPCs Revamped NV.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

headgearfix.esp

URWLNV.esp

More Traits Update.esp

More Perks Update.esp

ShilohDS-Desert Succubus CORE.esp

DarNifiedUINV.esp

KDS Wearable Backpacks.esp

Better Burned Man.esp

ECR Energy Cells Recharged.esp

August 11 .esp

Total active plugins: 22

Total plugins: 22

This is my load order in case it makes any difference. I also recently installed NMCs medium texture pack. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you very much!

sorry to tell you this kim

but its a steam error

so make steam customer service eat it

(BTW the correct solution you've already used -- validate ---- but steam customer disservice refuses to be of any use so always slap them up with this problem)

Oh yes, Kim -- try A World of Pain -- its a hoot.

but its a steam error

(BTW the correct solution you've already used -- validate ---- but steam customer disservice refuses to be of any use so always slap them up with this problem)

Will do Fonger. Also - you ARE aware of the newest Pirate game right...? Because I have it and I thought about you after 5 minutes of playing it....

but its a steam error

Will do Fonger. Also - you ARE aware of the newest Pirate game right...? Because I have it and I thought about you after 5 minutes of playing it....

The one I'm aware of has official patches not available at the official web page

and only available through torrents

and they are larger than the average DVD

I'm watching and waiting, but it doesn't bode well

hoping they don't pull a true Akella (sorry the explanation of this would get me banned - it relates to sub-standard policies - and the size of the official patches screams Akella)

Ok - it is STILL doing this? I add some mods and then this happens! There HAS GOT TO BE A WAY TO FIX THIS!

The error is the same every time! And it says the same thing as in my original post! What can I do to fix this damn problem?

When I am forced to reacquire the files, I have to PAY for the bandwidth I use. So far it has cost me roughly $50 to download these files over and over! How do I contact steam? Or do something? I can't sit by while this keeps going on and on!

That usually means a firewall/other background program is messing with steam.

Mainly, it's either Airfoil or F-Secure.

In the case of F-Secure, simply un-check deep guard.

And here's something about Airfoil

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2235-YXVB-8261

If you click on the blue link in the text, you'll find another list of programs that may be interfering, but there's two are the main problem

Ok, Kim now I gotta ask (sorry about this)

did you make the fatal mistake of installing Steam to the default UAC infested directory? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I am installed outside of the UAC mess - learned that lesson the hard way with Fallout 3 -

I hate Steam. Hate hate HATE F*****ING HATE IT!!!!!!

Caused me no end of trouble when I tried to install FNV. Tied up my PC downloading for hours!!!

I play offline always. One time I accidentally clicked "go online" and had to sit there for half an hour while steam updated, before I could even play the game.

Steam is the biggest load of s**t ever invented.

Bethesda, I implore you, disassociate yourselves from this CRAP!!!!!