Can't start Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine.

caseyt0911

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been covered a million times, but I've just recently bought Oblivion 5th anniversary edition with both Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. I've installed my disc 2 which is both expansions correctly, but I can't get either expansion to start. I've waited days and days in game for the little box to pop up and tell me that a strange door has opened in the Bay...but I've got nothing:(. I also tried talking to the prophet in Anvil because I heard that's how you start the Knights of the Nine quest, but nothing comes up about this at all. I'm just wondering if this has been a problem for others, and if so how did you fix it? Are there any mods that might keep me from being able to start these quest? Because I have a few, I can list them if needed. And I also have the Knights.esp and DLCshiveringisles.esp checked, so they should be running. TIA for any help at all.

Go inside the chapel, return outside and speak to the prophet. If that did not work type in TMM 1 into your console and fast travel to the mysterious island east of Bruma. If neither tests prove anything positive I have a theory that may help. Edited by iansaltman

Try disabling both Knights.esp and Shivering Isles.esp then go into your game and save (in a new slot). Quit the game and re-activate the DLCs. Now go back in game and see if you get the 'I heard a rumour...' quest entries.

Ok I tried deactivating both the Knights and Shivering isles data files, and then saving in a new save slot, but when I reactivated the data files and loaded my new save, still nothing. I waited a couple days, but nothing.

iansaltman - I did what you said, I went into the chapel, then came back out and talked to the prophet, but all I got was the pilgrimage quest and 8 and one thing. Then I typed the TMM 1 into my console and got all the map markers, but the door in Niben bay wasn't there still. Btw I assumed you meant Bravil instead of Bruma in your post. So I'm still lost..lol. I'm also using the obse_loader instead of the normal way, so could that effect it at all?

Ok I tried deactivating both the Knights and Shivering isles data files, and then saving in a new save slot, but when I reactivated the data files and loaded my new save, still nothing. I waited a couple days, but nothing.

iansaltman - I did what you said, I went into the chapel, then came back out and talked to the prophet, but all I got was the pilgrimage quest and 8 and one thing. Then I typed the TMM 1 into my console and got all the map markers, but the door in Niben bay wasn't there still. Btw I assumed you meant Bravil instead of Bruma in your post. So I'm still lost..lol. I'm also using the obse_loader instead of the normal way, so could that effect it at all?

If the prophet is there, and you got the pilgrimage quest, then Knights of the Nine is working properly. That is the start quest.

If the prophet is there, and you got the pilgrimage quest, then Knights of the Nine is working properly. That is the start quest.

Hmm, ok cool. Maybe if I just play it a little bit then the shivering isles quest will start.

Try disabling both Knights.esp and Shivering Isles.esp then go into your game and save (in a new slot). Quit the game and re-activate the DLCs. Now go back in game and see if you get the 'I heard a rumour...' quest entries.

Deactivating DLCShiveringIsles.esp won't do a thing other than not loading SI resources at all. All necessary data are integrated into Oblivion.esm during installation, so the quest should be on journal regardless of SI dummy plugin. (The only way to disable SI is uninstall the game, reinstall it without installing SI)

Deactivating DLCShiveringIsles.esp won't do a thing other than not loading SI resources at all. All necessary data are integrated into Oblivion.esm during installation, so the quest should be on journal regardless of SI dummy plugin. (The only way to disable SI is uninstall the game, reinstall it without installing SI)

You are right. My bad.