Imagine ANY Bethesda game using THIS

I want a game, a Oblivion style game rendered in the cry engine 2 or 3, they both come with sdk's :thumbsup: :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjtCSRPcvXg

Not to mention this game is about 5 years old. Nothing yet has come close to it other then Crysis 2.

Edited by Thor.

@ lemonfan1.

there was a thread on this not too long ago, and it turns out that its not "real" that technology does exist but can only be used on stationary items and not moving items and what they were showing there isnt real at all. the amount of data they would need to create what they had with the technology they were saying they had would take up petabytes worth of space.

i dont feel like searching the thread to give you the links, but there are there and they arent that old. prolly within the first one or two pages of one of the hardware/computer forums.

there was a thread on this not too long ago, and it turns out that its not "real" that technology does exist but can only be used on stationary items and not moving items and what they were showing there isnt real at all. the amount of data they would need to create what they had with the technology they were saying they had would take up petabytes worth of space.

Nop, you can animate stuff as well. I will try and see if I can find that video link again. It's one from Notches explanations on why this engine is a scam.

The very 1st thing that ran through my head when they were talking about the engine was this:

"what happens when joe blow whips out an MP5 and starts sending bullets down to that rock?"

If there is any kind of physics that have to be calculated for each atom, that game engine would come to a screeching halt and turn into a slide show that would be on par with watching grass grow.

Technology simply has not reached a point to make a life-like, real-time environment that also "reacts" believably to interaction (e.g. not a nice-looking sprite)

LHammonds