Monitor

price for me. $200 is my limit for monitors, just no need to spend more, also i dont go for 27" monitors, im happy with my 23". i look for the standards. HDMI, LCD, LED backlight. good high resolution (1920 x 1080) you can go higher but no need. and response time. most are 5ms, though you can get ones with 2ms. some will argue high contrast ratios. 10000000:1 but from what i know, there is no real difference between something like that and something like 10000:1

depending on what u use it for of course. maybe 3D is something your interested in (im not) you can get monitors where the colors and whatnot stay consistent no matter what angle you look from. built in speaker maybe? though most usually suck, but you can spend the money and good a good monitor with good speakers if you wanted.

as for Brands? idk i havent had tons of experience with monitors, gone through maybe 3 with my (parents) PCs, and they usually just buy brand like Sony or Samsung or something, and for their uses thats just fine, no issues ever. if youll be on it a lot, playing games, watching movies and whatnot, maybe buying brand names isnt a good idea (usually isnt) and going with something like Asus or Acer might be better? idk.

I usually prefer to be cheap and instead buy multiple cheap monitors. I've got two 17" ones and one 22". Works very well. Besides, with huge widescreen monitors, you often don't have games that can play at the right resolution.

Since I buy mine second hand, so instead of brand I look for condition, and that the frame is something I'd be happy with.

Depends on your needs. Do you want a big ass monitor or a small one? Do you want widescreen? It all is up to your needs and preferences. Have a look around some shops for different monitors, look what they offer and if needed, look up what each detail does/mean. Definitely go for LCD monitors, due to being better in your eyes and having somewhat higher lifespan.

price for me. $200 is my limit for monitors

How did you read my Mind :tongue:

as for Brands? idk i havent had tons of experience with monitors, gone through maybe 3 with my (parents) PCs, and they usually just buy brand like Sony or Samsung or something, and for their uses thats just fine, no issues ever. if youll be on it a lot, playing games, watching movies and whatnot, maybe buying brand names isnt a good idea (usually isnt) and going with something like As^s or Ac#r might be better? idk.

ok I will take a look on those thanks

I usually prefer to be cheap and instead buy multiple cheap monitors. I've got two 17" ones and one 22". Works very well. Besides, with huge widescreen monitors, you often don't have games that can play at the right resolution.

Since I buy mine second hand, so instead of brand I look for condition, and that the frame is something I'd be happy with.

V#ewS*n#c? can I go for it?they are cheaper and one of them have HDMI for my useless N8

Depends on your needs. Do you want a big ass monitor or a small one?

LMAO no I want medium one :woot:

Viewsonic is good. Two of my three are of the brand, and no problems with them. Only brand that I've had a problem with before is with Dell monitors, because they tend to be made somewhat shoddily.

great thanks :thumbsup:

now LED or just LCD (I dont like that backlight bleeding because it never happened in my small lcd)

VX2453MH or

VX2439wm

sorry im always like :psyduck:

Hi,

i would suggest the ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED, because of the LED back light.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116479

Edit:

Have a look on this one, too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009255

Sarah

And maybe you want to buy it by using the Nexus affiliated store button :thumbsup:

Edited by Paxan_1

thanks for the links Sarah :smile:

woops Edit. Cant go for that, we have 'V' (S231HLvbid) and its a repackage of backlight bleeded old S231HLbid with some shite luxury :pirate:

Sorry looks like no train to ac#r station

Edited by samadchaz