Acrobatics and Atheltics? WTF!

deama

I'm with Todd Howard on this .. It was a useless skill and wasted time for level designers who had to think about the skill .. Just going back to Oblivion I can remember a few exploit areas in some dungeons.. Its just not worth the effort when they could be adding better features.

So your saying you rather not be a ninja that can jump and run like a real ninja?

I just like the feel of doing something and becoming better with it, I don't care about those exploits, in fact... what bethesda should have done is remove them from the main skills and put them in some category that doesn't affect your level gain at all!

Think your miss understanding what the exploit is .. Its not that you can level from doing it "Although I think its fair to say it was pretty bad when you leveled from running and couldn't fight the enemies in the later game .. but oblivion had all sorts of leveling issues" But anyways .. the real expoit is that you could jump onto archways and out of traps and such .. Thats extra effort the Dungeon designer has to put into the game to make sure you don't .. Sure there is the ninja argument but this isnt assasin's creed or mirrors edge .. This is an elder scrolls game .. Its about the world more than the player and this is an attempt to make the world more believable and natural.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think your miss understanding what the exploit is .. Its not that you can level from doing it "Although I think its fair to say it was pretty bad when you leveled from running and couldn't fight the enemies in the later game .. but oblivion had all sorts of leveling issues" But anyways .. the real expoit is that you could jump onto archways and out of traps and such .. Thats extra effort the Dungeon designer has to put into the game to make sure you don't .. Sure there is the ninja argument but this isnt assasin's creed or mirrors edge .. This is an elder scrolls game .. Its about the world more than the player and this is an attempt to make the world more believable and natural.

hmm... I suppose that's true -- but I just really want to be able to jump higher, and higher! Actually, here's a thought:

Once the player becomes a vampire/werewolf, he/she will gain the acro. and ath. skills, but they wouldn't contribute towards leveling.

Sound any good? (I am really desperate to have acro. and ath. in the game!)

I’m 150% with Todd As Todd said redundant skills, they are also really not that important. A shout called whirl wind sprint can be related to both skills that where removed also maybe some other perks that have not been shown that also may be related to the 2 skills.

It could always be in a mod but I would be more worried about other skills to mod such as for example medium armor and spears something thats much more beneficial and viable as a skill.

Edited by Bloodinfested

too bad so many people disagree... I like spears, but I'd rather still have ath. and acro.

Yeah, sure, perks would do it, but they are still limited a lot, while the skills have a max of 100... with modding in this, maybe even 200!

Edited by deama

What's the point in having skills that you can not avoid training? Doesn't matter what type of character you make those skills will always increase. Why not have a menu skill that increases every time you use menus then you can master it by opening and closing a menu repeatedly?

What's the point in having skills that you can not avoid training? Doesn't matter what type of character you make those skills will always increase. Why not have a menu skill that increases every time you use menus then you can master it by opening and closing a menu repeatedly?

The problem with that is that it's completely pointless, its not even a realistic thing >_>

acro. and ath. with those skills you jump higher, and run faster... as I said before, it would be easier to make these skills non level relevant.

Edited by deama

The problem with that is that it's completely pointless, its not even a realistic thing >_>

acro. and ath. with those skills you jump higher, and run faster... as I said before, it would be easier to make these skills non level relevant.

There are other ways of increasing run speed and jump height that don't involve passive leveling.

I know that you can, but as I said before, you probably can do it either once or at the very least 5 times... While having them as skills allows you to go up to 100, maybe mod it to 200.

Sure, you can mod the perk(s) to give you 100 too, but then my character would be a lot weaker since I would keep spending the perk points to enhance that particular one...