What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/Amerian border

kvnchrist

What can we do to stop the bloodshed on both sides of the border. Should we continue the war on drugs, here in the U.S. and continue the overcrowding of American prisons. Should we create a fence, like some have suggested, or should we act as though we have a hostile entity and react to that in the same terms as they have done to others.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the Legalize drugs. Not like 'the war on drugs' has made even one iota of difference. Legalize the recreational drugs. Remove the motivation for the violence. Tax it like tobacco/alcohol, release a bunch of folks (non-violent offenders) from prison that were convicted of something that isn't a crime any more, open up a new business opportunity for americans, and a fair few problems will go away.

I agree with legalizing drugs. I think the war on drugs was an utter failure. I don't see why people stay with it. What good does it do an 18 year old to live with hardened criminals for 2-5 years, because they are selling something less dangerous than a pint of Whiskey inside a drunk driver. But wouldn't the3 cartells find something else to do. Wouldn't the infrastructure of the criminal families have to be torn down, completely.

Kvnchrist, may I just make the point that the pint of whiskey was legal. The driver who drove drunk was breaking the law (possibly due to impaired judgement). Just try to follow that logic a step or two....

Kvnchrist, may I just make the point that the pint of whiskey was legal. The driver who drove drunk was breaking the law (possibly due to impaired judgement). Just try to follow that logic a step or two....

I understand that, but is a drunk driver more dangerous as a high driver? I think so!

Err... DUI laws would stay the same if drugs were made legal.

Its illegal to drive under the influence of any strong drug, including pharmaceutical medicine.

I always found that one really amusing. It's legal to BE high, but, it isn't legal to GET high...... It is legal to GET drunk, but, it isn't legal to BE drunk.... Riddle me that one Batman. :D

The cartels would implode of their own volition. Remove the motivation, and profit.... from their business, and what do they have left? Cocoa plants don't grow well in the states, so, I suppose there would always be a foreign market for that, but, pot grows just fine damn near anywhere...... (it is a weed after all......)

Err... DUI laws would stay the same if drugs were made legal.

Its illegal to drive under the influence of any strong drug, including pharmaceutical medicine.

I always found that one really amusing. It's legal to BE high, but, it isn't legal to GET high...... It is legal to GET drunk, but, it isn't legal to BE drunk.... Riddle me that one Batman. :D

The cartels would implode of their own volition. Remove the motivation, and profit.... from their business, and what do they have left? Cocoa plants don't grow well in the states, so, I suppose there would always be a foreign market for that, but, pot grows just fine damn near anywhere...... (it is a weed after all......)

They are a criminal enterprise. I think they would turn to the same thing as the mob families in the states. The one thing that would change is the amount of money they would be getting. The drug money would dry up and they would get into other vices.

No, don't legalize drugs. That would be a slap to the face to our law enforcement who are trying to stop the crap (the same law enforcement who are getting shot at, both literally and politically, for simply doing their jobs and trying to secure our border), and it would also undermine the security of that border. Me personally, I'm sick and tired of that border not being secure.

What needs to happen is to try to get Mexico back on it's feet. It's a win-win situation, if Mexico wins in this, then America wins in this. If Mexico had a better economy, then maybe people wouldn't be jumping the border illegally. And if we would actually try to secure that border a little bit better, then there wouldn't be as many drugs crossing the border. And maybe if the crackheads here would quit their drug abuse habits, maybe their wouldn't be as much of a demand for illegal drugs.

Just my two cents worth.