What can be done to stop the violence on the Mexican/Amerian border

kvnchrist

You are never going to curtail the drug trade. It is far too profitable, and there will ALWAYS be a demand for their products.

Marijuana was legal right up until the 50's/60's. It wasn't banned because it was a dangerous drug. It isn't. It was made illegal in a left-handed attempt to curtail mexicans coming over the border, not to mention that it was threat to the hemp market at that time.

How would it be a slap in the face to law enforcement? I don't see the connection there. Alcohol was legal, then it wasn't, then it was again..... Law enforcement just rolled with the changes. No skin off their nose one way or the other.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't legalize drugs. That would be a slap to the face to our law enforcement who are trying to stop the crap.

It would stop if they were made legal. I personally don't give a flying f*** if law enforcement agencies lose money due to drugs becoming legal. It saves lives and helps people.

No, don't legalize drugs. That would be a slap to the face to our law enforcement who are trying to stop the crap.

It would stop if they were made legal. I personally don't give a flying f*** if law enforcement agencies lose money due to drugs becoming legal. It saves lives and helps people.

It's not about money dude. It's about keeping a secure border, something which the Federal government has failed miserably at (which is also the reason why it's a slap in the face, good people are trying to secure their border and their homes states). People are tired of illegals pouring through the border, and they're tired of drugs being trafficked through the area. Which is also the reason why people in Texas are forming militias to try to secure that border. If you don't believe me on that, drive down to South Texas and start asking locals about it.

It's not about money dude. It's about keeping a secure border, something which the Federal government has failed miserably at (which is also the reason why it's a slap in the face, good people are trying to secure their border and their homes states). People are tired of illegals pouring through the border, and they're tired of drugs being trafficked through the area. Which is also the reason why people in Texas are forming militias to try to secure that border. If you don't believe me on that, drive down to South Texas and start asking locals about it.

So why not legalize drugs to take away control for drug cartels?

Because it does nothing to secure the border, all it does is allow the crackheads here have easier access.

Drugs come into the country from the border. Most drugs come from Mexico and drug cartels.

Most border violence has to do with drug cartels fighting police.

How does that not secure the border?

Because it does nothing to secure the border, all it does is allow the crackheads here have easier access.

Drugs come into the country from the border. Most drugs come from Mexico and drug cartels.

Ok, how does making drugs legal make the border secure? That doesn't stop the ridiculous amount of people jumping the border.

Ok, how does making drugs legal make the border secure? That doesn't stop the ridiculous amount of people jumping the border.

Thought this topic was about the violence on the border, not immigration.

If you want to talk about immigration, this is my idea. Sounds a bit weird and its not a very accepted idea, but I think the USA should make a deal with Mexico to make them a part of the states.

Legalizing drugs, and having a secure border, are two entirely separate issues. Not every illegal coming across the border is smuggling drugs. A fair percentage of them are coming here to look for work.

It is the job of the federal government to secure the border, regardless of the reasons for crossing. (a job which they apparently have little motivation to do, or, just suck at it........) If the fed doesn't want to live up to their responsibilities, then it is up to the states that are right there ON the border to do what the fed will not.

If drugs were legal, we could grow them or get them from legitimate sources here. The demand from across the border would dry up. Even if the citizens were desiring weed from below the border, It would be shipped in be legal sources.