WMX and WME

cpdillon

Hello everyone, just recently moved from FONV on the PS3 to PC and absolutely overwhelmed by the mods and the quality of work that goes into them.

I've downloaded quite a few and they're all amazing. Special mention to AWOP and neck seam concealer by exeter.

I've (hopefully) a simple question, whats the difference between WMX and WME?

I'd be interested in opinions...

I personally use WME, but I hear WMX is just as good. WMX is made by the guy who made the Weapon Mod mod for FO3 which is kind of where Obsidian/Bethesda got the idea from.

Somebody answered this same question quite good. Too bad I couldnt remember most of the bulletpoints that he/she enumerated. It heavily implied that WME was a better choice.

Ah! One of the points was that most of WME's mods had visuals. Meaning that you would see the difference in the gun models.

I have tried them both and I can tell you that I prefer to use WMX. WME is a great mod which offers great weapons and visuals, but WMX just suits my tastes better.

Things I like about WMX and WME:

-Sounds of the weapons when equipped with a silencer in WMX. a lot of work went into the detail for the 12.7mm pistol, 12.7mm smg, sniper rifle when a silencer is attached to it for the WMX package.

-Weapon Models of WMX. I love the appearance of a lot of the new weapon choices it adds, especially the new anti-material rifle when all three mods are attached to it with the muzzle brake and the extended barrels options that WMX adds to most weapons. On the WME side there are only a few guns which really caught my attention and those would be the silenced dinner bell with a scope attachment, the silenced hunting shotgun, the newer model of the marksman carbine, the 10mm SMG with a scope attachment and a silencer option, and the newer model for the standard sniper rifle when mods are attached to it. Now what caught my attention when look over the WMX project images was the black hunting shotgun, the new sawed-offs, the pew pew, laser rifle, laser pistol, laser rcw, the grenade rifle, the light machine gun, the anti-material, and the dinner bell shotgun with all mods.

The truth is that I actually prefer to use iron sights on Shotguns and Pistols, while I use scopes on assault rifles, sniper rifles, and smg's. To me the improved overall sounds of WMX and the new anti material and iron sighted shotgun models outweigh the 10mm SMG with scope and silencer, the shotguns that WME allows to be equipped with a silencer. While its a great mod option to attach a silencer, I prefer my shotguns to make a lot of noise and I use my 12.7's and marksman's at night time.

Here is the weapons that I primarily use and the differences of both mods:

Silenced 12.7mm Pistol (Love the WMX sound when it has a silencer attached)

Silenced 12.7mm SMG (Love the WMX sound when it has a silencer attached)

Silenced Marksman Carbine (Love the WMX sound when it has a silencer attached)

Dinner Bell Shotgun (I like the option that WME offers for a silencer option, but I prefer a fully modded WMX iron sights shotgun more)

Big Boomer (Sawed-Off Shotgun) (I like the new 1st person model of WMX big boomer more)

Grenade Rifle (I like the new appearance of the extended barrel and other mods that WMX offers)

Light Machine Gun (This looks great with both mods)

Other weapons which look great in both mods:

pew pew, laser pistol, laser rifle, and laser rcw.

Mods that I don't use:

Extended magazines and scopes on pistols. (Just give me a silencer attachment and good ole iron sights anyday of the week)

Chokes for shotguns (I hate the appearance changes that it does to my shotgun's, but I still use the custom stocks, long tubes, and the scope attachments on these)

I use all mods for SMG's, assault rifles, and sniper rifles.

It all comes down to what you like, pick the one that best suits your needs. I like WMX for the new sounds when operating at night and the iron sights pistols and shotguns that it offers.The key things when I am choosing a weapons mod is finding one that supports the right weapons for night operations.

Additional note:

I don't use laser rifles and such, because I prefer to carry more modern weapons with the option to attach silencers. The laser and plasma stuff is just too futuristic for my tastes.

Edited by Fuzion64

I believe both mods are both compatible with each other, so if you don't want to be apart of Team WMX or Team WME :tongue: you can just get them both.

• 2 weeks later...

It has a scope for the brush gun, a silencer would be unrealistic. I'm not saying it isn't doable for the sake of it, but jonnyeah hasn't added one yet. You should ask him though..

Personally I much prefer WME because the looks are much nicer, and it is fully compatible with EVE which I wouldn't play without. WMX is not supported and the author said he isn't interested in making a patch at this time. And Wei doesn't have the time to do it himself.