Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

Well, I'm a little worried about the new launch because even as a lifetime member, I get the following when trying to visit the New Vegas version:

Not Found

The requested URL /cookie.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.9 Server at files.newvegasnexus.com Port 80

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a little worried about the new launch because even as a lifetime member, I get the following when trying to visit the New Vegas version:

Not Found

The requested URL /cookie.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.9 Server at files.newvegasnexus.com Port 80

Copy paste FTW: Did you log out from the "current" New vegas site before trying the link?

quite a lot seems to miss that, which is why I ask.

Man, I think I have gotten 5+ posts on this thread just stating this over and over again. Not that I mind, but maybe it should be put in the OP...

Sorry about that. I just didn't read carefully enough about how to fix it. Again, my humble apologies. Of course it works now.

No worries, I'm sorry if I came off as rude (that was certainly not my intention). Just thought that it might need to be added to the OP soon to make it easier for other new readers of this topic.

Edited by amycus

When I access the test site using IE9 after signing out, deleting all cookies and temp files,etc. I get garbled formatting with buttons and tabs overlapping other elements and some truncated interactive elements. It renders some features inaccessable or if they are I couldn't get them to show/work. When I then logged in I got more overlapping features and an error that says "The site has run into a problem, please look at the error message belo..(the word is partly cut off by wiki, social and forum elements overlapping it). Below that message it just had the copyright message. Refreshing did not fix anything. The word error in big letters however cuts off the logout link, though that can still be if user is able to spot it. Unfortunately it is white on white. I have pictures, but do not belong to any external sharing sites. I am willing to email these, but they are similar in nature to the bug report I made before here. Is it acceptable use of the image share feature to upload error images there? I know that's not really the intended use of that feature, so thought I better ask first.

Please before anyone other than our host or the staff tells me to switch browsers, I have multiple browsers, but this is a bug report, as requested. Different regions favor different browsers. North America, China, South Korea, and some other parts of the world use various versions of IE heavily. If IE users follow the advice to upgrade from old unsupported versions of IE, many of them may upgrade to IE 9.

Edit: Some progress to report. I did not have compatability view on, but when I checked every setting in IE I noticed that there is a second compatability setting, which causes IE to recover automatically from an error by switching to compatability mode. That one was checked, presumably by default. Unchecking it fixed some but not all of the formatting issues. It seems you need both of those settings disabled. It is mostly usable now, though there are remaining issues, such as the logout not working, and some smaller formatting issues. As another poster mentioned previously there were already some issues with IE and the TESNexus site. One of those was/is text colors matching background colors, making typing difficult because it would be black on black etc. The workaround for that before was to switch to the white theme. That will no longer be an option, I assume. Site looks fine in Firefox, Safari, and a couple of Linux browsers, btw. Still have not had a chance to check it in the latest Opera, but will do so.

I like the re-design for the site, apart from one (not immediately obvious) point. You've set a fixed width, but have picked (I suspect) 1024 pixels, which is the old de facto standard. However, most newer PCs are likely to be supplied with HD ready monitors, with a width of 1920 pixels. When the new site is shown, it either sits as a bar up the middle of the screen, or (if you use Windows 7 auto-dock feature to select half of the screen width) chops the edge of the right-hand column off. Maybe it might be better to aim for a width of 960 pixels and lose the chopping and scroll bar? Edited by MarkInMKUK

When I access the test site using IE9 after signing out, deleting all cookies and temp files,etc. I get garbled formatting with buttons and tabs overlapping other elements and some truncated interactive elements. It renders some features inaccessable or if they are I couldn't get them to show/work. When I then logged in I got more overlapping features and an error that says The site has run into a problem, please look at the error message belo..(the word is partly cut off by wiki, social and forum elements overlapping it). Below that message it just had the copyright message. Refreshing did not fix anything. The word error in big letters however cuts off the logout link, though that can still be if user is able to spot it. Unfortunately it is white on white. I have pictures, but do not belong to any external sharing sites. I am willing to email these, but they are similar in nature to the bug report I made before here. Is it acceptable use of the image share feature to upload error images there? I know that's not really the intended use of that feature, so thought I better ask first.

Please before anyone other than our host or the staff tells me to switch browsers, I have multiple browsers, but this is a bug report, as requested. Different regions favor different browsers. North America, China, South Korea, and some other parts of the world use various versions of IE heavily. If IE users follow the advice to upgrade from old unsupported versions of IE, many of them may upgrade to IE 9.

Edit: Some progress to report. I did not have compatability view on, but when I checked every setting in IE I noticed that there is a second compatability setting, which causes IE to recover automatically from an error by switching to compatability mode. That one was checked, presumably by default. Unchecking it fixed some but not all of the formatting issues. It seems you need both of those settings disabled. It is mostly usable now, though there are remaining issues, such as the logout not working, and some smaller formatting issues. As another poster mentioned previously there were already some issues with IE and the TESNexus site. One of those was/is text colors matching background colors, making typing difficult because it would be black on black etc. The workaround for that before was to switch to the white theme. That will no longer be an option, I assume. Site looks fine in Firefox, Safari, and a couple of Linux browsers, btw. Still have not had a chance to check it in the latest Opera, but will do so.

I am also using IE9 and I do not have any issues mentioned above.

@Telyn

Do you keep updating your IE9?

Edited by retakrew7

I can't believe I didn't notice until now, but are we removing the "recently added images" field from the front page too?

On a side note... One is getting surprisingly accustomed to the pink color on dragonagenexus quickly... Still wouldn't mind another colour but it doesn't look as terrible as I first thought.

Edited by amycus