Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

Ummm... I also cannot figure out how to Verify the user uploaded images that are pending for my mod? I click on the admin link to manage images, but can only view existing pics, no new ones to verify :/

Perhaps I am just missing something obvious?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, I can't believe they though this looks better than the old design. Can't even look at my monitor for too long with this awful colors and generic look of the site. Seriously... This look like one of those cheap default layouts for free profile websites. Sorry, but it's completely awful.

Eww dark pink?.

Big thumbs down, not for the colour or layout, but because you still can not log in to all sites, have to log into dragon age nexus, then a separate log in for fallout new vegas nexus.

I have read someone else complain about this, but... wasn't it like that before? I remember several times that even though I had logged in to DAnexus, I still ha dto log in again to TESNexus each time I wanted to give someone kudos.

These are some things I think could do with being changed/fixed.

• On the homepage, there are large images which link to mods. I'm assuming they are hot files, but I'm not 100% sure because it has no title. A title would make it a lot easier to know what they are.
  • On the mod page, there are the tabs such as Files, Comments, etc. The annoying thing is that they're represented by an image rather than words. I do know there's a hover box with the tab name in, but I think for simplicity's sake, the tabs should be worded rather than by a small image.
  • On the homepage, the Latest Files doesn't seem to be updating itself. Clicking on the New Files Today reveals that there are more recently uploaded mods than what the Latest Files section is showing.

I'm not too fussed about the rest of it as I like the layout and the colors don't bother me.

Edited by McclaudEagle

Can't say I'm a fan of the new look myself.

Mostly because of the layout; the previous site expanded to fill the available width in the browser window. While this new one is in a narrow column in the middle of the screen, taking up less than half the available width. It makes the site look like a blog, and locating the main navigation elements at the top of the page is not an improvement on the previous location. Why not have them in a column to the left or right, with its location fixed so that no matter how far down the page you scroll - you have it right there.

man, if somebody took money from you for this "redesign" you should sue them. Being a web-designer myself I cannot help but go "meh" looking at this.

Well then...perhaps as a "wed designer" you could have been more specific and perhaps offered suggestions? Not merely criticized hard work?