Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still doesn't seem to use my full wide-screen monitor though. Everything is crowded in the middle with empty space on the sides.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kapd2b.jpg

Currently the site doesn't do that, it's stretched from one side to the other. Is this a feature or a bug?

Yeah, It's supposed to be like that.

One of the main points of the new design... :dry:

Very good, I especially like the toned down orange on the TESNexus site, I tip my hat to you, Dark0ne and Axel. I am stoked that it will also be quite soon that the new site(s) design will be rolled out soon, the only thing that seem "out of place" was the search bar, perhaps moving it down near the log-in / register bar, it's not really a big deal, but it is just something that stood out.

Thanks again, Dark0ne and Axel, :thumbsup: :smile:

Sincerely,

Commander19

@Robin,

It looks great and I can't wait to switch over. I wasn't sure, after seeing the TES version that you had up for us to look at earlier, that I'd like the Fallout versions (it's hard to imagine for me when it's not my own stuff I'm looking at) but now that I've seen it with my own mods in I love it.

However, the narrow column of text in the middle of the page is narrow! I think my NV mod's description is now three feet long. And next to that narrow column is inches of unused gray space just begging me to fill it with text. I know this was a design decision, but if there is ever an opportunity to change that design, I vote for wider columns of text. So far everything else seems great or fine and nothing I'd bother to complain about even if I didn't like it. This is the only thing that, to me, is truly worth the effort to give some feedback about.

:) llama

It still doesn't seem to use my full wide-screen monitor though. Everything is crowded in the middle with empty space on the sides.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kapd2b.jpg

Currently the site doesn't do that, it's stretched from one side to the other. Is this a feature or a bug?

Yeah, It's supposed to be like that.

One of the main points of the new design... :dry:

Suggestion to solve this: Put a backround image with low opacity there when they don't have anything else to show, in the same style as the areas in the upper header.

Also a question about these spaces: I was under the impression that the mod authors can make their own "banners" that are shown in these spaces when others are browsing them. Now this is likely just becase the new design hasn't officially been put in for use as of yet, but I can't find exactly where you are supposed to go to edit this?

EDIT: Here is an illustration on what I personally would have changed:

Less empty space, and even these "empty spaces" could have some backround image as deafult (and change the color from pink to something else, but I didn't feel like doing that in this sample :P I'm far too lazy to do that right now)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/amycus89/suggestion.jpg

Edited by amycus

I can't say I really like the new look. Its probably just because I'm so used to the current layout. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to get used to it though.

To be honest the new site layout is too generic and dull, at least what I see for tesnexus; I did not really look at the others as they do not apply to my interests.

In the sense of constructive feedback I would like to first point out the site header. It lacks any artistic theme regarding to the Elder Scrolls series, as the current site's header does. The fade in background does not help with this at all, leaving the entire header area dull and boring. Second, the all lowercase in the word 'tesnexus' does not suit this template at all, furthermore, in this case it was generally a bad idea to mix and match font styles across the entire layout, for example: the all uppercase font present on the buttons in comparison to the header text 'tesnexus' in all lowercase.

Next, the contrast on a few select parts of the default template are very bad, making the fonts in some places, mainly the subject headers, hard to read requiring me to almost squint my eyes to read the text clearly. Light orange on white, even bordered, is not very complimenting to ones eyes.

Lastly, to my quick overview of the template, there are a few modules on the site that could use readjustment/repositioning, and I would be happy to explain the such on request, as I really do not want to appear on the comments page as more of a wall of text than this already is.

I am not usually much of a critic on impulse, but when it comes to website design, I get the urge to pick at it until it's perfect. That's just me, maybe I am overreacting.

EDIT: I use commas too much.

Edited by FerrenD

I like the new layout a lot. Especially the green theme for Fallout 3 compared to the old. The empty space on both sides is actually pleasing to my eye and helps me focus on the content of the page.