Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

I'm getting a 404 error for the DA one; is it just me, or is everyone else getting it?

I'd not sure if I like the designs yet- judging by the TES and Fallout layouts- but it will probably grow on me.

As for the DA layout, I'm assuming it will look like the others but with different colours, but I'd rather be able to see it since I spend most of my time on the DA side of Nexus.

I got that too, but as others have said, first log off from the "old" (and still used) dragonagenexus, and it should show properly when viewing the "new" dragonagenexus. I will repeat that I'm still hoping for a different colorscheme than pink and black though...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally like the changes, however there are 2 points I would like to make:

1) The Heading text is now smaller than the body text... so things you want larger and to stand out are actually smaller and harder to read.

2) On multi-part mods, it adds the instructions:

"This file is a multi-part file. It has been split in to several smaller files to make it easier for everyone to download. Download each part to the same folder and then extract the file like you would a normal one."

However on my mod, the last sentence does not apply and may cause confusion as I use a spanned archive and only the first file should be extracted, the rest will automatically extract if present in the same folder... if people follow the above instructions and try to extract every file like a normal file, they will get extraction errors...

NMC

Edited by NMC

New design looks nice, but why is everything crowded in the midle of page? It looks like mobile version. And NVNexus and FO3Nexus doesn't work in Chrome 13.0.782.112, but that will be maintained in final version right? Also I don't like new tracking centre because in curent version I'm used to look just on front picture of mod and the first lines of upgrades, it will be very confusing and time-consuming read every title and open a action log only to see that nothing happened. Edited by starfis

I prefer the old design D: the way it is neat and easy to navigate and the simple smart colours...looking at the new one its like WOA were is everything 0_0 Edited by werewolfperson

Hi,

well i have some critics for the new design. I have done two screenshots so you can see what i mean.

i)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3900/nvnexus1.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ii)

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4383/nvnexus2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The images are rescaled to to 16:9 so "old" 4:3 images are looking strange, would it be possible to show the preview image without rescaling it?

Edit:

The endorsements are not shown, is this planned that way?

Sarah

Edited by Paxan_1

New design looks nice, but why is everything crowded in the midle of page? It looks like mobile version. And NVNexus and FO3Nexus doesn't work in Chrome 13.0.782.112, but that will be maintained in final version right? Also I don't like new tracking centre because in curent version I'm used to look just on front picture of mod and the first lines of upgrades, it will be very confusing and time-consuming read every title and open a action log only to see that nothing happened.

I think it's safe to say the majority of us prefer the current layout, but I'm under the impression that the ease of coding for a fixed with site is the main reason for the change.