"Aversive" therapy

Lehcar

Atrocities are atrocities. Where are the families of these patients, and why are they sending their family members off to torture chambers?

Obvious case of more money than sense.

220k... a year...

It's like a millionaires club.

Yeah, for those that think that if it costs more, it is 'better'..... I think a state hospital would be more human. Or a maximum security prison........

I'm guessing those are things you can't do to prisoners of war ( somebody correct me if that's wrong ),

You're correct. None of this would ever be condoned in the slightest under the Geneva convention's 'rulebook' of war. It's heinous, cruel, and almost illegal. I say almost, because they haven't been shut down yet, and likely have some ace lawyer with no soul to back them up. Places like that tend to.

There's a right way, and a wrong way, for everything. This is clearly the wrong way.

providing respite care to their primary caregivers
"nagging," "slouching," "silly laughing," "refusing to get up out of seat,"
$220,000 a year

I see what the game is. This is a place for status conscious parents to send away their defective kids for embarrassing them in public.

It doesn't make sense for them to charge that much when they do not even provide proper care for their residents. If someone's collapsed to the floor and is unable to get up, and their skin is turning blue, you do not wait a single moment to call paramedics (if you've got even a shred of intelligence, you should not need a "medical technician" to "confirm" that they need emergency medical attention). Also, depriving children and teenagers of food is extremely harmful to their physical and psychological development, which totally counteracts this place's supposed "purposes". Edited by Lehcar

I have in my possession a book given to me by a family member of the man who defended Mandela, being a legal minded family, they had all sorts of books that pertained to people

being incarcerated etc., and the effects of said imprisonment and torture.

Though I'm not going to divulge the name of the book or it's authors (so don't ask, I will ignore the request), I will tell you that it spoke of and described in detail, human torture of the vilest kind.

This spanned the scope from the Nazi's to Pol Pot to the Chinese and beyond.

The sick and sad thing though is this, no one can do anything about it, the U.N is useless, the perpetrators get away and today an untold number of psycho's (psychologists, psychiatrists and psychoanalysts)

use the results of the torture described as material for research.

Many today have their own labs - which we call mental hospitals or asylums, where they "help" the infirm with the "very latest" thinking in mental therapy.

People are not lab rats, and those responsible for the "crimes" perpetrated against the helpless people of this topic deserve jail without parole, but knowing the workings of those behind the scenes they will

surely escape justice.

Edited by Nintii

They must have some fantastic lawyers, I'm amazed the place is still open and the perpetrators are not behind bars.

Slap a label like "science", or "therapy" on it, and wrap it in the shroud of 'furthering our knowledge', and you can basically get away with anything it seems.

They must have some fantastic lawyers, I'm amazed the place is still open and the perpetrators are not behind bars.

Slap a label like "science", or "therapy" on it, and wrap it in the shroud of 'furthering our knowledge', and you can basically get away with anything it seems.

Not really, it is not very common.

This to me seems like a place for rich people to get rid of their mentally ill kids.

Not really, it is not very common.

This to me seems like a place for rich people to get rid of their mentally ill kids.

Under the guise of "helping" them. They do things there that we can't do to folks on death row, or any other criminal in prison, how does them being mentally deficient make them any less human, and deserving of decent treatment?