Oblivion vs Fallout

lgvlgv

There is difference...oblivion is big but what of it when it is filled withy shiny rocks trees etc, but nothing to do there really, Todd said they adressed this isue in Skyrim and put a lot of effort so the areas are filled with interesting things.

Did you play Morrowind? The environments were diverse, cities were open, dungeons weren't just copy and pasted like oblivion.

From the looks of it, Skyrim will go back to it's roots.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is difference...oblivion is big but what of it when it is filled withy shiny rocks trees etc, but nothing to do there really, Todd said they adressed this isue in Skyrim and put a lot of effort so the areas are filled with interesting things.

Did you play Morrowind? The environments were diverse, cities were open, dungeons weren't just copy and pasted like oblivion.

From the looks of it, Skyrim will go back to it's roots.

I played Morrowind for a very long time, though i dont understand what are you getting at...becouse i was talking about oblivion here.

EDIT: i think i understood now what you ment...i wrote that they adressed the issue, wich probably made it look like morrowind was the same as oblivion hehe.

Edited by pavy

I find it odd that, in your comparison between Oblivion and Fallout 3, you pick on the ability to climb mountains of rocks/trash...

For me Fallout dident feal like a real world and to many small obstacles where impossible to cross event thow u could spend 10 min on walking to the other side of it. i felt like a little baby that only could crawl in the land of the adults :)

If the terrain looks like i could walk there i should be able to do just that, i dont expect to be able to climb mountains but i do expect to go/walk where i can in real life.(exept the borders of skyrim of course.).

When they said they rebuild the engine i sure hope its from the oblivion engine and not som kind evulution based of fallout engine.

Edited by lgvlgv

Oblivion and Fallout have the same engine. Fallout's is just a bit more upgraded.

Fallout just had jumping height locked, in Oblivion you could jump 3 meters in the air and even float for a bit.

And they rebuilt the whole engine from ground up.

I find it odd that, in your comparison between Oblivion and Fallout 3, you pick on the ability to climb mountains of rocks/trash...

For me Fallout dident feal like a real world and to many small obstacles where impossible to cross event thow u could spend 10 min on walking to the other side of it. i felt like a little baby that only could crawl in the land of the adults :)

If the terrain looks like i could walk there i should be able to do just that, i dont expect to be able to climb mountains but i do expect to go/walk where i can in real life.(exept the borders of skyrim of course.).

When they said the rebuild the engine i sure hope its from the oblivion engine and not som kind evulution based of fallout engine.

True... Still Oblivion did still have that problem, though it was worse in Morrowind. It seemed like any rock, no matter how flat, was impassable

When they said the rebuild the engine i sure hope its from the oblivion engine and not som kind evulution based of fallout engine.

True... Still Oblivion did still have that problem, though it was worse in Morrowind. It seemed like any rock, no matter how flat, was impassable

if this is just a block setting, do u think its possible to change it in the ini files or with a "mod" or u think that would break the game compleatly?

if this is just a block setting, do u think its possible to change it in the ini files or with a "mod" or u think that would break the game compleatly?

Yeah, but you would have to change every rock in the game, which would not be worth the effort IMHO

EDIT: :ninja:

Edited by LeopoldCrank