Lockpicking: Fallout 3 vs Oblivion

AxeAlot

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still laughing at the idea that oblivion's lockpicking system was difficult. You could do that crap with your eyes closed.

Can you fly a jet fighter? I'm sure there's some ass out there saying how easy it is. lol Just because it's easy to you, doesn't mean everyone finds it easy.

I'm still laughing at the idea that oblivion's lockpicking system was difficult. You could do that crap with your eyes closed.

After 100 hours of gameplay, sure. I couldn't do the lockpicking minigame for the life of me when I first picked up the game.

I hated how fallouts lockpicking was a necessary skill, you had to have it to unlock s***, pissed me off, rather it be really hard to open a very hard lock than not be able to do it at all

In most RPGs you are taking control of a character. Its better to have to make your character better at something then being able to do it based on YOUR skill at the minigame.

That's the way I see it anyways.

I'd like to see lock bashing, it's a little silly when my character can't open a little lock and has to walk away with a great big axe on his/her back.

That crossed my mind, too! It was well-implemented in FCOM, where you still needed to be of a higher Strength or weapon skill (I think) to bash harder locks. Pretty sweet alternative to building up the picking skill.

I'd like to see lock bashing, it's a little silly when my character can't open a little lock and has to walk away with a great big axe on his/her back.

Also would be nice to be able to blow up certain doors with magic fireballs.

I also like how it was done in morrowind though. Having no minigames at all won't appeal to some casual types though.