Mod Anticipation

stimike

I know its a bit late, but still

I found this mod from Morrowind: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2832

It's a proof at the very least, and providing we can do what we did with modding tools from past games (and then some) this mod seems like it could be a go ahead :D (Sure, this only works for creatures, but adding NPCs as well would be a piece of cake)

This is made a lot easier by the fact that Morrowind keeps track of what creature is inside a soul gem natively: Skyrim probably won't.

Another idea: I've been playing Fallout 3 and something really handy is that empty containers are marked "Empty" when you look at them. Problem is, it only appears if I've taken everything out: A chest I've already checked but decided not to take everything from (like, say, that Missile Launcher when I already have 5 of them in my inventory) is still indistinguishable from one that's unchecked. How about a mod that makes containers you haven't opened yet marked "New" when you look at them, and all others are displayed as normal? It'll probably require a script extender to make this work with all containers (even ones added by other mods) though.

It would be cool that the text saying open, or whatever icon/cross hair they use to signify you can activate a chest is just a different color to mark it as having been explored previously. Low key, but a nice touch I think.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well say it.

Inuyasha Mod will be out for Skyrim. We will be done with transcripts by the time Skyrim comes out. When modding tools get released, we will have our landmasses done.

But they do that already. The german version will have gore it it and I'm not just saying that it was in stated in an interview. I'm looking for the link now. So bare with me

I don't know which interview you're talking about, but in one of the Gamescom interviews a reporter asked Pete Hines what they were doing with the German version of the game (Germany being a country with censorship laws in games) and he responded they wanted to release the same version of the game everywhere with no censorship. Which means no dismemberment for the rest of the world either.

I don't know which interview you're talking about, but in one of the Gamescom interviews a reporter asked Pete Hines what they were doing with the German version of the game (Germany being a country with censorship laws in games) and he responded they wanted to release the same version of the game everywhere with no censorship. Which means no dismemberment for the rest of the world either.

Ah, yeah thats the one i was thinking about. Damn it i thought i was on to something then lol

Will it be Easy to Mod it Out, can i do it since i know Nothing of Modding. :mellow:

Likely will take getting a reference to all instances to this in game and manually editing it out in the characters entry. I doubt it'll be many instances of it. We'll have to see, but yeah not hard I expect, just more or less time consuming depending on number of instances. Someone will probably make a no relationship mod no doubt. just give it a few weeks or so after release.

I actually read somewhere that if you kill a shopkeeper, one of their relatives will take over. And depending on your friendship with the shopkeeper, she'll/he'll either hate you and overprice your items or talk about how the original shopkeeper used to talk about you and carry over missions and discounts you gained from the original shopkeeper..

Honestly I just want even more gear... never was keen on the same old broadsword made out of half a dozen different materials. Even with different graphics it still struck me as... "lazy"... surely the Khajit would have developed their own style of blade and I know the Dunmer definitely would have.

So lots of new swords, and armour, and axes... and bows... hopefully...

edit... thought of another; obvious one really... smaller ridable dragons that are treated as companions so they would use their breath attacks

Edited by Squiggoth_the_mighty