New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

I really have no idea why so many people are worried about the unused space left and right. My solution took 2 seconds : Press 'crtl and +' two or tree times and now it looks like this:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/firefox2011-08-2512-4948nn.jpg

No unused space at all, so where is the problem?

There seems to be a glitch with the updating of the 'Edited files' list. I updated my mod yesterday and the list still shows an older time of updating. Another strange thing: The time shown for my last update is therefore not only wrong, but it jumps between 10.30h and 11:30. This has occurred several times, one time it says I made the update at 10:30, next time it shows 11:30(maybe a summertime/wintertime thing).

Only if I go onto my Nexus mod site it shows the correct time of my last update which was: Last updated at 22:13, 24 August 2011.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even on a 5:4 screen, there's a lot of unused space. And to reiterate a complaint from someone else: Why do I need to click on a button to log in, when previously I could just press the return key when I had entered the password? Granted, that complaint is minor in comparison to others that this new layout brought, but it's inconvenient and unnecessary nevertheless.

If I might say so, this redesign reminds a bit of the changes from DA:O to DA 2. But at least the actual content on the Nexus sites remains of high quality, even if it is more difficult and inconvenient to find.

Edited by f1f2f3

A function I just ticked:

Show images in file categories and results

http://www.abload.de/thumb/firefox2011-08-2513-12yprz.jpg

The result list then looks much better and reminds me more of the way it looked before(if I think away the orange beam):

http://www.abload.de/thumb/firefox2011-08-2513-12bpm7.jpg

Maybe this should be ticked as standard, because its more convenient the look through the lists with an image of the mod and most users won't find this function anyway.

I've been trying to appreciate this new design but after some time spent looking for stuff I can say that I'm definitely not a fan. Change is bound to be confusing but the old design was very user friendly and now it feels like reading a blog and the necessity to scroll down all the time is a drag (I can't cope with small characters on a widescreen so I use a larger display which means I have to keep scrolling even more).

I understand that the idea was to give the sites a sleek appearance -and I don't want to sound too harsh as I understand that must have taken some real work- but in comparison the new design looks rather formulaic.

would be awesome to know if the last word is spoken and if it actualy make sense post here something or if its just get ignored so we can make ourself fools.

btw did anyone know some kind of imageshareforum for fallout like it was here before it died?

nvnexus used to be place i often visited to check new pictures, see updated mods in a glance, browse new mods and generally a place i enjoyed spending time at. this new design made it into a fail blog i only check once a day and even then it's a pain because the tracking centre became a place which hides the most important info which is action log.

i understand it's your site and you're free to blogify it all you want but i don't think i'm alone who since the change only comes here to d/l new files instead to spend time on the site and in the community.

for me nexus has an usability of ftp server now and i'm thankful even for that however in my opinion the whole redesign was a backward move. i could care less about better scripting behind pages honestly when the page looks like this. hopefully i'll manage to set up rss feed for updated files which will save me even more visits.

Hello again. Windows XP and IE8 (no I can't update it).

In addition to not being able to add comments to images and not being able to download files, I am constantly getting add messages riding on top of my pull-down menus making it impossible to navigate the site. I can't seem to close the add either as it just pops back up covering the menu again. I end up reloading the page a dozen times until a add comes up that doesn't cover the part of the menu I need.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2v1pysg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hsbuo0.jpg

Edited by Dagon69