New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

Try a different browser, depending on the version of IE you are using and the browser settings, the forums will lag greatly, and the file sites will over run buttons and hide things.

Give firefox a go, might work and can't hurt.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i am not using IE7, i have done all the steps you have recommended, i have also repeated this several times over already and you seem to all be in denial about it. my end is not the issue, and it isnt just my computer, it is also several other comps most fairly new, up to date, all took your listed steps, and none can access nexus, all lag on the forums. but im sure you'll ignore the issue again.

all lag on the forums.

You do realise that nothing was changed on the forums?

If something is causing lag forum side it has nothing to do with what was changed 'file side'. Also, we cannot have an option to let people use the old database setup if they wanted, as that style\theme\setup doesn't exist anymore...

internet explorer, yes a version that works

You were asked for the browser version and that is what you said, which is very unhelpful. Do you want this fixed or do you just want to be an ass?

The graphical glitching in the menus is a direct result of old browser compatibility; it's exactly what happens in IE7 or when your IE browser is running in compatibility mode. That is the reason for your problems. Ensure you're either not running IE7 or not running the browser in compatibility mode (someone mentioned that there are two places to change compatibility mode).

Similarly forum "lag" when you scroll is also attributed to IE7.

im not trying to be mean or rude, you all listed the versions that worked, ive tried each in turn, firefox on one comp, it was a no go, this comp uses IE8 and another mozilla, none can access the site, all virus and add blockers off, compat modes checked. ~though my brother seems to be able to access the site on his linux machine for some reason just fine now

If it works for 99% of the users, and not for you, the problem is not on this end. We have over 2.5 MILLION members. Probably no more than 200,000 have used the new sites as of yet though. They use Firefox, IE 8 & 9, Opera, Chrome and a few lesser known browsers. We have tested the sites with each of them and it works. Plus, I have tested it with a browser called Comodo Dragon (derived from chrome) LHamonds has tested with a browser called Iron. We have very few complaints that the sites are not working at all. Yes we do have a few. And, after the first 2 weeks, so far EVERY one has traced back to their computer and not the site.

Nothing has changed in the forums at all - if the forums worked before they should work now. and at the same speed. Probably 80 to 90% of the problems we have seen from IE users has been either using an obsolete version (IE7) or using a compatibility mod that runs IE8 or 9 in IE7 compatibility.

Now, are all of these computers being run through the same router? First try resetting the router - sometimes when the 'internet' is running slow it is actually caused by either a slow router or modem. I recommend unplugging both and waiting about 20 seconds before plugging them back in.

Routers also have the capability of blocking and filtering internet sites. Especially if it has any custom programming installed. Most routers have a built in firewall, but with the default or factory settings it is usually (but not always) disabled. If you are running a custom router firmware program such as DD-Wert or Tomato it can easily be set to block certain sites - such as known advertising sites or spam sites.

You may also try a hard reset. Most routers have a reset button that must be held in for about 15 or 20 seconds for a hard reset (check your user manual) If you use custom firmware (DD-Wert ot Tomato) this MAY clear the custom firmware and reset the modem to factory defaults so be sure to check first.

Please let us know if this fixes any of your problems so we can keep helping others who have problems. Troubleshooting is a matter of eliminating possible causes and trying fixes until you find the solution. And, it's ALWAYS the last thing you try. :wallbash:

What area is that? I personally know a TW employee - and if you are in the same area I may be able to get him to check.If you don't want to reveal where you are - use PM to let me know.