My Friend Can't Play Fallout3 on his comp

soulknightX

I gave my friend my PC copy of Fallout3: GOTY to install to his computer after installing the game he tried to start a new game and it did a CTD EVERY time he tried to start a new game on Fallout He installed the DLC and it still did the same thing so i decided to give him a copy of one of my saves and see if that did the trick and again another CTD after a while of thinking i deducted that it must be his computer since he has a HP Pro Book Laptop and I think his comp wasn't build to play games like Fallout 3 is there a way that he will be able to play Fallout 3 on his HP Pro Book or should he just give up?

and on a side note: he says that modding is almost like cheating is he right or wrong?

please help out

-SKX

Well, a laptop isn't exactly the kind of computer you should play games on at any rate. Let alone the fact that HP isn't exactly known for high-end systems. Did he download the latest patch for Fallout 3.

and on a side note: he says that modding is almost like cheating is he right or wrong?

Your friend obviously doesn't knows what he's talking about. Let him try a mod like FWE, MMM, IMNC or any other mod that severely increases the difficulty of this game and ask him again. :whistling:

I gave my friend my PC copy of Fallout3: GOTY to install to his computer

for the prize

tell me what's wrong with this quote

I gave my friend my PC copy of Fallout3: GOTY to install to his computer after installing the game he tried to start a new game and it did a CTD EVERY time he tried to start a new game on Fallout He installed the DLC and it still did the same

please help out

-SKX

Well soulknightX, the HP Pro comes in two flavors, the Radeon HD 4330 and the Intel GMA 4500MHD, and neither one should have a problem running Fallout 3.

Having said that, it now all depends as to whether or not it's a copy or the real deal discs, cos, copies normal give problems, what say you ?

i think he has the Radeon HD 4330 and i have a legit copy of F3 it just wont work on his comp but yea F3 work perfectly on my comp and i have a Compaq Pesario CQ62 and what i found really weird is his HP ProBook wont play F3 but play Oblivion -.- its really getting confusing for him

I gave my friend my PC copy of Fallout3: GOTY to install to his computer .. and on a side note: he says that modding is almost like cheating is he right or wrong?

I don't know about that, but sharing your CD is cheating.

Using the computer you plan to play the game on

Go here to see if your computer can run the game

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

You will find the various game we support

Oblivion listed as 'The Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion

Fallout3 as Fallout3 PC

Dragon Age listed as Dragon age: Origins

Dragon Age 2 as Dragon Age II

The Witcher as The Witcher

The Witcher 2 as The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Fallout New Vegas as Fallout: New Vegas

Morrowind is not listed, However if you can run Oblivion at all it should run well on your system.

Note: TES V - Skyrim is not listed yet as no one knows what the final requirements will be yet.