Your first Skyrim mod

Alcrin

you could start work on whatever project you have planned now but keep in mind you might have to do some reshaping and editing when the game is released .. might be best to stick to swords and shields atm .. to avoid needing to completely distort your mesh to make it fit the bodies properly .. BUT .. the body slider worries me .. its gonna add a whole new thing to deal with when making an armor .. hmm...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could start work on whatever project you have planned now but keep in mind you might have to do some reshaping and editing when the game is released .. might be best to stick to swords and shields atm .. to avoid needing to completely distort your mesh to make it fit the bodies properly .. BUT .. the body slider worries me .. its gonna add a whole new thing to deal with when making an armor .. hmm...

Cool. Thanks for the input.

Send over my private armor and daedric mace

Think it will be that easy?

Sort of. But no.

It'll be easy to do... if it is possible at all. The problem is actual art tools. If it's possible to do so once niflib gets the new definitions of the new tech BGS has added to the nif format deciphered , and nifskope gets an update, yeah no prob.

If there is in anyway shape or form a max plugin, then I could probably do anything they can asset wise. If they release one, it would be my single most favourite feature for the game bar none. Now think of all the cool s*** we have seen.... yeah for me it's even better than than.

and the body sliders could be an issue. or not. It could be like dismemberment in F3. Which is the easiest thing to do and takes minutes to set up. But that is only possible because I have art tools that allow me to do so....

Edited by Ghogiel

Got a pretty good sized project Elijah Houck (the creator of the Alton, Illinois mod for Fo3, release date for that is still tba for those wondering xD) and I are gonna be working on together. We got quite a bit of design and plot stuff done though, so we can jump right in as soon as the CK is released. Be on the look out for it in the future. :P

Once I have played vanilla for a while I will adjust the stats on all items and spells across the board to make the game more I don't want to say realistic but I like it when everything hits like a truck. You can quickly dispatch enemies and like wise they can turn you inside out if you are not careful. I like combat quick, violent, and decisive not a drawn out slug fest unless of course you are fighting a boss or a dragon. Secondly if it is not already in the game I will I make it to where you need certain connections, levels, and the right skills to join certain guilds and factions and advance within their ranks. I don't like how a level 1 Warrior can be Arch Mage, If I up front talk to some guy I'm in a super secret Thieves' Guild just like that, or how if I bludgeon a beggar to death with a wooden club I'm the Listener 2 days later. Lastly gonna add a hardcore mode if you will to where you need food, water, sleep, disease and poison is a serious problem, no fast travel, and the amount of stuff you can carry is more realistic.

The few mods I have already made and the ones I plan for Skyrim are usually pretty simple tweaks that don't warrant clogging up the Nexus with (looking at you 500+ Dremora race or Imperial Palace Armor mods) or rely on lots of resources and personal taste unique to my game so I have never published anything. I think I may get more into the groove of putting out mods when Skyrim comes out but I want to put out stuff that is unique and is quality work not something that has already been done death with just my personal twist.

I actually thought about doing a companion mod for Skyrim. Something well done like Vilja not just CM partner #5673 but with my character Raikov the Nord Ranger voiced by me of course. Lots of dry wit and sarcastic remarks, a bit of an a**hole, tons of dialogue about current quest and situations, personal storyline is nothing cliche like a love story, quest for revenge, or some journey to save the world but more down to Earth. I wouldn't hold my breathe or anything it's just one of those,"Yeah I might sorta one day eventually maybe get around to it possibly could happen" ideas and I am not a super modder by any means so I need a lot more experience before it would be to the kind of quality I would feel proud publishing to the world.

Edited by NAPALM13092