Your first Skyrim mod

Alcrin

Personally I prefer no leveling at all. It should be part of the story, that you don't just go wandering into the mountains at level one and enter a long forgotten dungeon, expecting to live. I absolutely hated Oblivion's daedric wielding lvl 30 bandits and broken leveling system.

That's basically how Skyrim allegedly feels like according to how they've described the system: Places have inherent "levels" so you can be a level 1 character going into a level 50 area, and enemies don't get more powerful if you leave and come back later. It only adjusts if you're a level 50 character going into a level 1 area you haven't explored yet and even then it doesn't bump it all the way up to your level, just like up to level 10 or something. The goal is for places to have varying danger levels, for the player to feel power increases as they level up (rather than power decreases as in Oblivion), but not to allow the game to become so easy as to be unfun at times.

Now, I say "allegedly" because it's supposedly the same system as in Fallout 3 and even though I'm only 10 hours in I haven't yet encountered anything that I can't just one-hit-kill with a sneak attack headshot.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first mod is gonna be retexture the stones and rocks just to many polygons....... Do I sound like some douche bag creeper on YouTube crying about xbox graphics? I'll be making a valid attempt at a spiked shield to do some nasty bash dmg maybe textured to look like dragon teeth for spikes if it's not I'm the game already

I'll be making a valid attempt at a spiked shield to do some nasty bash dmg maybe textured to look like dragon teeth for spikes

that sounds cool, Like this then?

No my invasion is the spikes/ dragon teeth be on the face of the shield and the boss but it will be more of a tower shield rather than a targe Maybe add a chance to disarm enemy's when u block cause there weapon get tangled in the spikes/ teeth be cause teeth tend to be slightly curved

No my invasion is the spikes/ dragon teeth be on the face of the shield and the boss but it will be more of a tower shield rather than a targe Maybe add a chance to disarm enemy's when u block cause there weapon get tangled in the spikes/ teeth be cause teeth tend to be slightly curved

I like the sound of that! :woot:

A quote from GameSpy.com "The New Repair: Sick of hammering away on dented armor? No worries. In Skyrim, weapons and armor will not degrade and become weaker over time. You'll still be able to create and improve weapons in a multitude of ways, you just won't have to worry about maintaining them."

If thats the case then I changed my mind. my first mod will sort this!

I had a dream last night I was using the CK. In my dream it has changed a little, for one the windows didn't start out as floaters. the cell view was contained in a drop down, and the object window was docked to the left hand side. I doubt that will be accurate. But I'll just throw it out there now so that if it is right I can be a prophet. And if it's totally dream BS, I can say well what did you expect? :psyduck:

If your dream becomes true, I will seriously build a statue of you. Or retexture one and put it into the game. Probably the latter...

decapitation and cutting off limbs... basically Fallout's Bloody Mess perk and gore NEEDS to be in TES... TES is so PG!!

seriously... maces, swords, and battles axes and you can not cut NPCs to pieces? what gives?

that just ain't right !

Hahaha right! Since when do you only manage to knock someone down when you smack them about the head with a fekin axe?!?!