"Skin" feedback

Dark0ne

I've said it a few times now; the new Nexus site design is fixed width and it isn't going to change. Sorry, but that's how it is. This thread isn't about that, however, it's about making that space for people with higher resolutions at least some what interesting.

I've been dabbling with a few "skins" for the sides and I've put one example up on the test site for you all to see. Some people have been arguing the new designs don't immediately make you aware they're a site for a specific game (pray tell, how did the last design!? hah), hopefully these skins would leave you in no doubt.

What do you think? Are you going to brick yourself in the comments when you implement this? Think you can do better? Then come up with something and upload it here and I'll write in some code for you to check out how it looks.

I haven't done a skin for the other sites yet, but wanted to gauge whether you thought this would improve or worsen the current design. Personally, I like it.

*dons his tin-foil hat once more*

Skins look really good on the test site - and will probably settle down those who need a picture to figure out what site they are on. Pronam's example is pretty good looking - nice job!

Now all I need to find is the cheese and crackers.

*combines 2 evils for a bad result*

Skyrim is getting its own Nexus site, so I'd get my arse ripped to shreds if I used that! Plus it's got to be subtle, not in-yo-face blue! :P