Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Dark0ne:

Thank you for listening to the feedback of the community, we appreciate it and it should help the new site be more appealing to your audience. I'm glad some key features (i.e. Action logs) will be restored.

>> 'Next the fixed width isn't going to change no matter what is said.'

This is an absolute tragedy in my opinion, and the new 'skins' on the side only exacerbate the issue. Sure, they clearly identify what game the mod page is for, but they just ADD to the elements that DISTRACT users from the actual page content. They highlight just how much of my screen space is being wasted.

If the site 'cannot' be made to be scalable to user monitors once again, can you perhaps offer a couple 'user-selectable' layouts? i.e. so the width is not dynamic, but a visitor could choose from the standard 960px layout to a larger 1440px layout or something?

The reason I am commenting is that I like the Nexus enough to care about it's future, and because the new layout is so off-putting that it discourages my participation in the community.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using Firefox 6.0 have had zero issues so far. The only thing I noticed is that on fallout3nexus the dlcs listed in the required files lists the dlcs from the elder scrolls and not fallout3. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, other than that I think the site looks good.

I like the new nexus so far and only a few things bug me, I'll skip the bit about wasted space though :P.

I think the description overlay on the hot files slideshow should be separate from the image itself, it would look much better than covering a large portion of the image I think.

And maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but weren't we supposed to get a universal login? Is that going to happen in the future or am I just remembering wrong? It would be useful in any case as I frequently visit 3 of the sites and logging in several times is kind of annoying.

Downloads are also taking quite a while to start for me (on firefox 6 btw).

edit: downloads seem to be working fine now

Edited by Br0sk1

An Incredible upgrade, love the new look. Everything seems to be in the right place convenience-wise. Thanks for all the hard work! Works perfect with Chrome. Edited by DAVIDINTEL

Now that's what I call an upgrated page. U guys managed to fix a majority of problems, I had no doubts about that cause it's obvious problems and bugs are bound to happen in such a change and it will take some time for it to be leveled to the users needs. Though I still believe that the two pictures on left and right could be replaced by the actual web page content instead of an imperial soilder and a Dunmer.

Anyways good work guys :biggrin:

Very nice redesign, well done!

Only one thing, as mentioned by many others : the width. I would only like an option to be able to, in my user settings, disable the skins on the side and have full width on my screen. It's really important to some and would only improve the way the top 100's descriptions shows to be able to really grasp what the mod is about so we don't have to open another page, consuming both our bandwidth and yours.

Please? I really love the Nexus sites and this is the only thing I would like to have an option to change!

Keep up the good work!

Hi,

Can the skins be toned down so they are more subtle and in the background? Right now they are competing with the rest of the stuff on the screen. It is especially obvious on the NV site where they are very colorful and they appear as more and equally important content rather than an interesting and subtle background that is filling in the blank space.

Thanks,

:) llama

I can't really say if I like the new design yet because, well, it's new and I need to get used to it first. But I can say that it doesn't irritate me so it's on the right side of the fence. :)

There's only one thing that I find a bit bothersome. It's that you can't see new images on the front page. I always liked that feature.

Well, if you're still looking for a way to fill the spaces on the side, add a site directory. If others say that a site directory is an outdated design, they are wrong - Well-designed site directories can help navigation through an easy one-click access from one section of the site to another.

Another idea: move the Latest Files and News boxes into its own column on the far right. This (far right) is a lot of wasted space that could be replaced by text or more files, or you could keep them there and place the site directory there (it's where it was on the old site design).

Edited by ziitch

Dark0ne,

I have a bug to report: I can edit anybody's comment, although doing so causes the Nexus to run into an error.

Also... it's impossible to give kudos now? WAIT, just found out how. Well that's a huge pain to even give kudos anymore.

Thanks!

Edited by falloutperson416