ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Thank you for bringing the notifications back, very nice!

In the notification information box If it is not to much trouble would it be possible to make the mods in the "New file uploads" have a click-able link to the mod?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are definitely getting better but I agree with what bla5 and RaoulBogers have said and I'm convinced that not having the latest images on the main page is a drawback. The image share section is a really nice feature where fellow members can exchange comments and ideas, advertise mods and demonstrate how cool modded games can be. What I'm trying to say is that the image share section aptly complements the mod database on the Nexus so with hindsight hiding it away is probably not such a good move.

ooh, I like the mockup, but could I make a quick request, keep the big banner-like bit for the Hot-Mods. it always looked good having it flip through the top five or so. having a more static layout like this would be kinda a letdown now.

but keep the static ones for the latest files and latest images.

one thing that's bothered me is that there are only five "latest files" in each time I've seen it in the new site.

there were ten previously, that worked very nicely. I was hoping for a block of "latest files" in the sidebar, but this will work better I think

also, clear and obvious links attached to the three sections there would be good, leading directly to the relevant areas. so Hot Files takes you to the top 100 files, Latest files just opens up the main recent files list, etc. something like a hyperlink in the title on those sections.

I'd also like to add that I really like the new Notifications tab, but should reiterate what's been said, its updating when I comment on my own stuff as well as when other people do.

Edit:

Also, and this is pathetically small fry to complain about...

the background in F3nexus. the game purist in me notes that the Brother on the right is mirrored. his laser rifle is backwards :P it just...annoys.

Edited by Ruadhan2300

I can't take a screenshot..yet anyway.. But is anyone else having issues with the forum? It looks like the scripted decor of it is not loading and all I get is a long list of links to all the different boards against a white background. It continues to work again once I get into a specific board for example once I enter the oblivion board it works again.

yep, the mockup makes me feel more like I'm "coming home to the Nexus" rather than "staying at a hotel at the Nexus". I always liked to see the image share. I think that the hot files could be a tad bigger....maybe scale them up so that they show only 3 at a time instead of 5 with the R and L arrows for cycling like for the images on the mod pages? That size looks good. The current size is a tad small for the hot files....but just fine for the image share and latest files.

@Dan3345

I was having something similar. I think it is a mysql type issue with the site where you only get part of the page get to you based on traffic or server lag. Try coming back in a few and see if it sorts itself out.

Edited by XTR3M368

Well the fixed width needs to be changed. You said it won't be, it needs to be. Nothing quite like having ~2/3's of your screen wasted. I realize that most of the world has moved on to widescreens but there's honestly no reason to be stuck in a basic 4:3 viewing area, when everyone has gone to 16:9 or 16:10. The real problem is this, it's cluttered and claustrophobic, which is the opposite of what you want to do when making something accessible, not to mention easy to view. I suppose if that's a core design choice, it should be looked at especially if there's a large number of people saying that there's a problem with it.

In the meantime, I'll just use a userscript so it doesn't look like someone took the layout between two boards and squished it.