Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Well day 2 has come and gone but seeing this is also covering the redesign I'll add another comment here.

Logged in today and found the site looking even better than yesterday :0

Latest Files and Latest Images underneath the Hot Files looks well and really adds to the front/home page. Perhaps right to the right where the add is you could place the file of the month for the previous month, or something along them lines. It would be sort of a trophy for winning file of the month, and the ad could just be moved down. Just an idea (thinking of the hours modders spend on their mods).

Can't wait to see whats next.

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion nexus sites don't work correctly for me.

The drop down menus refuse to work on Firefox 6.0 but will work on Internet Explorer 9 but I can't download any mods with either browser.(Yet oddly enough one or two days back I was able to download updates for a few mods.)

All other nexus sites Fallout 3, Witcher, and Dragon age, all work correctly drop down menus and all.

This happens with without addons I've even reinstalled Firefox it's self.

I'm liking the redesign. One thing that I would say now is that the image slideshow on the main page should keep still when you mouse-over a certain new file. I was just trying to read the summary of one of the "Hot Files" from the main page, and it kept scrolling to the next file as I was reading it. I had to keep mousing back over it. Most other websites I've seen with an image slideshow let you stick with one of them while you read its summary.

If you can't change staff rep then the arrows shouldn't be visible. Just a thought I had after recalling that the WoW forums has the rep buttons disabled for company employee's - I disagree with employee's getting special treatment on forums, but I can understand why they do.

Would it be possible to put two lines of text for the titles of the images on the Latest Files, Latest Images, and Hot Files section? It'd make it easier to tell what's what from a glance, and it'd usually get the whole title of the file in it.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/Di1.jpg

becomes...

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/ub3rman123/Di2.jpg

On a side note, the "© Copyright 2011, Robin Scott" should probably be shifted further from the file description, to the bottom of the page. Right now a user could think it a part of a mod's description because it's so close.