Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Question when you say mod authors will be able to make skins for their mod pages, if most modders add this to their page isn't this going to eat up more server resources and increase load times. I can see where this is a more power to the modder move but as a whole it sounds like it will just slow things down. If there is a toggle option to lock out all side skins even for modder pages that sounds fine. Also pretty much every mod already has a image section or some sort of splash screen on their description page.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm enjoying the new look thus far. The only downside is that browsing the site on my iPhone isn't smooth at all now. It's not a big deal, obviously, I just enjoyed being able to check the site out from time to time when I'm away from home.

Well, my biggest problem is (as it was with earlier versions), that sorting files by "last update" does also take latest comments into account. Basically, if I try to find newest files on a certain matter (like a body replacer, etc.), it gives me not only the newest files, but also old files with new comments. Sorting them by "upload date", however, doesn't take newly added updates on existing files into account, only the date of the initial upload.

Also, many preview pics are still twisted.

@Tchos

Much love to you for making that style, it's exactly the simple thing I've hoped Dark0ne would have done. For anyone who didn't see, Tchos made a fluid-width style for stylish, in Chrome or Firefox. Very easy to install (http://userstyles.org/styles/52881/tes-nexus-fluid-width-etc)

I was looking at my own images that I had uploaded and while it's true that they're no longer deformed, most of them have had the bottoms cut off. So the problem still isn't fixed, even for the thumbnails.

And why were the secondary titles removed? I used them as an extension of the main title. Some of them are just lacking now that it's been removed.

Any word on when we might see the Nexus logo appear in tabs? It's a rather minor issue, but I usually have so many tabs open it's easier to identify them by those little symbols, and at the moment the Nexus one is just a little blank page.

I'm pretty okay with the update so far. I'm very happy to see the skins, as those large blank portions were annoying before. Looking forward to seeing some talented people create some skins. Are we going to be able to change the sites colour theme as well? The orange is somewhat annoying...

using latest firefox and all fine

just my thought, why not using TES 4 and Morrowind on the side?

it's funny when i see dunmer on right side

no offense

Any word on when we might see the Nexus logo appear in tabs? It's a rather minor issue, but I usually have so many tabs open it's easier to identify them by those little symbols, and at the moment the Nexus one is just a little blank page.

THAT'S WHAT IS DIFFERENT!

I noticed something was off on my tabs but I couldn't pinpoint it lol.

I think the New Vegas page needs a little tone down on colour it is very distracting, and kinda hurts my eyes a little bit.

Edited by robert01