Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

walrus2517 I had the same problem on a few links in the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide description, could be the same ..

If you have any links which used to work that ended with a forward slash /

For instance

http: // www.7-zip.org /

will not work but ...

http: // www.7-zip.org

will work. If you copy url's from the address bar of another tab sometimes an extra forward slash is added to the end (it does in chrome for the above example url)

Remove the forward slash at the end. Now try your link.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't looked on the front page for the download sites for a while but holy ---, it really looks good now. I love the preview bars of latest/hot mods/images. Just 2 suggestions:

1) The space below the advertisment is quite big and empty. Would it be possible to put the tab for "latest topics added" there? I think that would tie the download pages to the forum a bit closer.

2) I notice that the big image preview window changes when I moce the mouse over the list of "hot files". Can you make it so that it changes when you scroll over the other lists as well, like latest images?

Either way, I think this is the first time I can honestly say that I'm digging the new design a lot more than the old one :thumbsup:

Ok I like it now. and as I noticed a few people mention, I really do like the latest, hot mods, and images section with a small preview pic. Also the "new today" and "new recently" buttons that show you the new uploads and new updates is cool. I got an update yesterday for a mod I got 3 months ago and I would have never known it had an update if it wasn't for that. Thanks for all the work that you have and are going to be putting into the Nexus sites.

nexus464; go to your preferences and turn off the site skin and change the download method. Then come back and let me know if it works better.

Thanks for helping, turned of skin and scrolling is a breeze again, about changing the download method, I've changed to 'separate page', from that page the download process is normal, but it's not a separate page, it replaces the current page, and after the download starts I need to click back to return to my previous page, but hitting the return initiates a new download, so I've to hit several fast 'back' to return to my previous page and sometimes it returns way too back, so the solution is to Ctrl+mouse click on the file I wish to download so I get a really separate download page.

Edited by nexus464

This is the page I keep getting directed to whenever I try to download anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: fopen(/home2/fs1/files/nv/A World Of Pain Main File V302-38719.rar) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 47

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /home2/fs1/public_html/get.php on line 50

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using Google Chrome.

Sorry if I'm sounding like an impatient jerk.

I know how much work it must have been, to redesign Nexus, but I still have to say, that Nexus looked much more cool and professional before your update. This looks a little bit like a kids first attempt to make a website... Sorry. If I were you I would only have changed the colour and the graphics of the old design.