BEHOLD!! My Hands on Preview of Skyrim!! (RipTen)

CrzyFooL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... Thinking back to when I first played Oblivion .. was the second game I ever played on the 360 .. first was GTAIV .. and up till then I had never heard of the game .. I had played morrowind but I was borrowing my friends xbox so I didnt get to finish it .. and when I got oblivion I got it used for ten bucks from a local rental place .. I was blown away o__o .. the graphics were shockingly good and the world felt more alive than anything I ever saw before .. I know theres a lot of morrowind fans out there but for me personally morrowind didn't give me the rush that oblivion did .. that breath of adventure .. a world I could never see every part of .. I went back and finished morrowind later but it still wasn't as good to me .. then fallout 3 .. that was great but clearly a smaller game .. and now skyrim looks like its going to take the living breathing world aspects to a whole new level .. and .. wow .. honestly Ive never been so excited for anything in my entire life... for real...

and .. wow .. honestly Ive never been so excited for anything in my entire life... for real...

For me, I wouldn't go as far as to say I've never been so excited for anything in my entire life, but Skyrim definitely takes the cake as far as games. I've never been so excited for a game before.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be slightly off topic, but I couldn't think of a better place to post it. The Kudos system is back up! Those of us who've been meaning to spread the love for this and other rockin' contributions can finally do so again!

Actually, I didn't find the review informative at all, except the part about the aurora borealis, which was new, the rest of the review seems repetitive, as in

"I saw a enemy killed him sent him ragdolling down a cliff."

I've experienced all this in oblivion already so what's new?

Also I'd like to say that the E3 gameplay demo of skyrim seems more informative (content wise) than your hands on preview.

I wonder, how did you have reservations about the demo and have an hour long preview of running around, killing, getting killed and seeing an aurora borealis change your mind?

Either that or you haven't been very comprehensive.

(honestly I thought I'd be reading about dragons, then again maybe I've been playing modded oblivion for too long)

Edited by NikhilR

Hey guys, Dave here from RipTen. I've finally finished my hands on preview of Skyrim after playing the game at Quake Con a few weeks ago. Sorry for the delay, but I'm posting it here first. ^__^

You may want to pull up a chair and get a glass of wine - this puppy is a long read. 3333 words to be exact.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, and please be sure to share my preview with the rest of the internet if you feel the need.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/25/one-hour-with-skyrim-finally-made-me-a-true-believer-hands-on/

Find me anytime @DaveOshry on Twitter or email [email protected]

Get Some!!

I loved your review of this, so in-depth and you're a elder scrolls player from the begining so it had heart. :thumbsup:

This may be slightly off topic, but I couldn't think of a better place to post it. The Kudos system is back up! Those of us who've been meaning to spread the love for this and other rockin' contributions can finally do so again!

Actually, I didn't find the review informative at all, except the part about the aurora borealis, which was new, the rest of the review seems repetitive, as in

Also I'd like to say that the E3 gameplay demo of skyrim seems more informative (content wise) than your hands on preview.

I wonder, how did you have reservations about the demo and have an hour long preview of running around, killing, getting killed and seeing an aurora borealis change your mind?

(honestly I thought I'd be reading about dragons, then again maybe I've been playing modded oblivion for too long)

Seeing as there are many other reviews out, it should be no surprise that you didn't find any new information now. The guy was simply telling his experience with the game.

What were you looking for...a full game review? Haha come now.

Thank you Dave for giving us some insight on your experience with Skyrim! ;)

Just reading what you wrote I am more impatient than ever, ugh darn it! 8 more weeks and I say weeks b/c it sounds shorter than saying 2 months :/

Indeed it does. Although school, for me, makes the day go by.