So now DLCs are a Xbox 360 timed exclusive...

abriael

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

360 sales of any game including TES dwarf PC sale .. Although I'm a PC gamer and think of myself as the real fan base for TES .. 360 players really are the majority of TES players like it or not .. yea yea .. flame me for telling the truth .. I'm ready .. I can take it :P

360 sales of any game including TES dwarf PC sale .. Although I'm a PC gamer and think of myself as the real fan base for TES .. 360 players really are the majority of TES players like it or not .. yea yea .. flame me for telling the truth .. I'm ready .. I can take it

Have anything to back that up? I mean hard data.

Xbox 360 owners will forget about skyrim a few months in (exactly like they did with Oblivion), PC owners will still be buying the game years from now.

Edited by abriael

http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/08/26/first-two-skyrim-dlcs-will-be-a-xbox-360-timed-exclusive/

Seriously, I wonder when Bethesda will understand that without their PC community they'd be nothing now. I honestly didn't think that they were so starved for money...

Xbox 360 owners will have forgotten about skyrim a few months in (exactly like they did with Oblivion), PC owners will still be buying the game years from now.

How many copies did you buy?.. Its true .. Todd Howard even says the number in an interview .. of which I can't recall :/ sorry .. But Oblivion sold far more copies on the 360 than the PC

How many copies did you buy?.. Its true .. Todd Howard even says the number in an interview .. of which I can't recall :/ sorry .. But Oblivion sold far more copies on the 360 than the PC

Actually two, the regular first and the GOTY later. And how convenient that you can't recall the interview. Probably because it doesn't exist. Between boxed and digital sales the PC market for RPGs is easily as strong as the 360 one, if not stronger. Ever heard of steam?

One thing is pretty damn sure, if you think that the 360 version will outsell both the PC and the PS3 versions summed up, you live in lala land.

Bethesda is easily screwing up way more than half their playerbase.

Edited by abriael

360 sales of any game including TES dwarf PC sale .. Although I'm a PC gamer and think of myself as the real fan base for TES .. 360 players really are the majority of TES players like it or not .. yea yea .. flame me for telling the truth .. I'm ready .. I can take it

Oblivion in the first week, out of the 1.7mil sold, 13% were PC sales.

I did have some figures much further into it's release. It was clear PC sales remained much more steady over time. I think last count it was 25% total sales and still climbing. but that was years ago. I even had a PS3 figure at one point.

If you look some data is out there.

Oblivion in the first week, out of the 1.7mil sold, 13% were PC sales.

I did have some figures much further into it's release. It was clear PC sales remained much more steady over time. I think last count it was 25% total sales and still climbing. but that was years ago. I even had a PS3 figure at one point.

If you look some data is out there.

Wasn't oblivion quite a heavy game for most computers back then? I know that my old gaming comp couldn't run it. The people witch comp capable of running skyrim is quite high now, considering that the consoles havn't evolved at all since then.

Actually two, the regular first and the GOTY later. And how convenient that you can't recall the interview. Probably because it doesn't exist. Between boxed and digital sales the PC market for RPGs is easily as strong as the 360 one, if not stronger. Ever heard of steam?

One thing is pretty damn sure, if you think that the 360 version will outsell both the PC and the PS3 versions summed up, you live in lala land.

Bethesda is easily screwing up way more than half their playerbase.

ok.. I have no reason to lie to you .. it certainly doesn't help me to argue with some random PC gamer elitist .. I'm a PC gamer but the types like you give PC gamers a bad wrap .. "They owe us" attitude .. I see it with every game release and it gets old fast .. They don't owe you a thing .. They are selling you something and if you have a problem with there practices then don't buy the game .. I get tired of this same topic for ever game release Crysis2 was the last big annoying PC elitist gripe I had to listen to in the forums .. I'm not out to get you ok .. relax .. Its the truth .. PC sales are dwarfed by console sales every time for every game and Tod Howard did say it in an interview and people argued the same thing when he said it .. later to be backed up by a poll.. I'm looking for number now in fact but I don't have them and I'm not digging throuhg the hundreds of todd howard interviews Ive seen in my lifetime so get use to this cause I might not back up my statement .. it doesn't mean I'm lying