So now DLCs are a Xbox 360 timed exclusive...

abriael

PC gamers don't need no stinking DLC -- we make our own.

Sorry, but PC gamers do not make stinking DLC

they make quality mods instead

Horse armor anyone?

Sure, I'll have some if you are offering. :biggrin:

** sigh **

horse armor

was not made by PC Gamers

it was made by Bethesda

Now

MMM on the other hand was not made by Bethesda

'twas made by PC Gamers

I just LOVE that you felt the need for some reason to correct them (and so deliberately haha). Like they didn't already know, it's rather well-known that Bethesda released the Horse Armor Pack. Come on...haha. Is condescending patronization your forté? ;)

I wish gaming consoles were never created.

I feel the same way right about now, for two reasons: priority on such things as DLCs and development, and secondly because it can cramp the quality of the same game coming out on the PC. Actually, I don't mean to sound anti-console. I'm anti-XBOX for the second reason. PS3 uses Blu-Ray, and they're brilliant for it. 25-50 GBs per disc, we've yet to hit that in game development to my knowledge.

Edited by natelovesyou

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consoles also are cheaper than an awesome gaming rig, by a long shot. Also, usually to get an awesome gaming rig you need to know something about putting a computer together. I know plenty of people today that have fried a computer because they didn't know what they were doing. It can be cheaper by a bit to put your own comp together, but without the know-how or a friend with the know-how, you need to hire someone, which ramps up the price a lot. I can understand the qualms with ports, I hate ports myself, but I'm a gamer, doesn't matter which platform I use. I got the PC due to a windfall, and I kept my 360 for various reasons, plus if a game has been developed for both, and I can't afford the comp upgrades to get it to run well, I can grab it for console and save for a while. That's what I have always done since I have both platforms. I REALLY don't understand the hate. Good games are good games, period. Plus all of us getting it for PC have the freedom to improve it beyond anything that console users will get. Please, no reason to dish out so much venom.

Look at it this way, no DLC means no mods that depend on DLC. Paying nearly a third of the price of a game for a side quest isn't really great value so I'm happy that we'll have a period without it.

The only consoles I actually own is a Sega Genesis and a Nintendo 64. I play primarily PC for just about every game I have. I'm not overly concerned with the DLCs coming out on Xbox first. I mean, us PC gamers will still get it, we just need some patience. Besides, the mods that will be coming out left and right for the PC users will certainly keep us all very busy. :) The way Bethesda games are these days, at least from my Fallout experiences thus far, playing the game and trying to get the whole story and all the little bits of lore takes a long, long, LONG FRIGGING TIME. So even without DLCs it will take a good amount of time for any of us who love to look for things and explore.

Now, if it were to be an Xbox ONLY DLC, then this would be different. Regardless of what we play on, we should all be able to play the whole thing made by the creators.

As soon as I can save up enough money, I'll be putting it aside for Skyrim. Really want to play it. Just hope I'll have enough time with work coming up soon. >.<

The only consoles I actually own is a Sega Genesis and a Nintendo 64. I play primarily PC for just about every game I have. I'm not overly concerned with the DLCs coming out on Xbox first. I mean, us PC gamers will still get it, we just need some patience. Besides, the mods that will be coming out left and right for the PC users will certainly keep us all very busy. :) The way Bethesda games are these days, at least from my Fallout experiences thus far, playing the game and trying to get the whole story and all the little bits of lore takes a long, long, LONG FRIGGING TIME. So even without DLCs it will take a good amount of time for any of us who love to look for things and explore.

Now, if it were to be an Xbox ONLY DLC, then this would be different. Regardless of what we play on, we should all be able to play the whole thing made by the creators.

As soon as I can save up enough money, I'll be putting it aside for Skyrim. Really want to play it. Just hope I'll have enough time with work coming up soon. >.<

THAT is a reasonable stance. Personally the temptation to grab mods that could potentially allow me to make an over-powered character on PC is extremely high, so even if I DID have the money to upgrade my PC to run Skyrim on at least high settings, I'd still get it for 360 first so I don't have that temptation. Essentially, I play on console, I mod on PC. :)

i don't get the big deal. how long will it take for bethesda to come out with the dlc's? a month or two max? (correct me if i'm wrong) my point is. i'm still planning on playing skyrim until that date and beyond. i'm sure i'll have so much stuff to do in skyrim that i won't even be thinking about dlcs at the time so it wouldn't really effect me. I'd consider myself a PC Gamer, because most of my favorite games are on Computers. However, since being married with my wife who is a hardcore xbox gamer, i have seen the light from both sides. Yes the computer is better for graphics and mods, which are awesome. But sitting in a chair isn't as comfortable as lounging down on a couch with my wireless 360 controller. So for the serious gamer, computer definitely, but for the casual gamer looking for comfort and relaxation. xbox. But i promise you guys, i'm planning on buying both. For both aspects the console and the pc has to offer.