Confirmed: Skyrim will fit on ONE Xbox 360 Disc

CrzyFooL

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit.

I'm... not so sure about that. They've known from the beginning the system limitations they're working with. They aren't going to be making 20 GB of content then quickly have to cut most of it out to get it on the disc like what happened with Oblivion.

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit.

I'm... not so sure about that. They've known from the beginning the system limitations they're working with. They aren't going to be making 20 GB of content then quickly have to cut most of it out to get it on the disc like what happened with Oblivion.

I wasn't saying "cut what they've made", but rather just not make it in the first place. Like, "budgeting content" since they knew the POS Xbox's limitations. I hate that it makes for the standard, it shouldn't be that way.

a couple things .. open world games cant be split into two disks cause you cant load model/texture assets like that .. it only works for story driven linear games .. so this was clear from the beginning .. second .. game compression is pretty good these days .. they can fit more than oblivion thats for sure.. is it limiting them? a bit .. but not as much as you think .. they can still put in as much as they want and they still need to deal with CPU limits of how many types of objects they can put on screen so they cant just suddenly add a thousand new assets anyways .. if they put it on two discs and used HD space on the 360 it would still be the same game.

I don't see what the problem is, Bethesda don't use a ton of FMV which saves quite a bit of space and given the quality of their writing I'd rather not have too much dialogue.

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit. I don't mind it if all the console players have to swap discs...that's the sacrifice one can make for choosing consoles, but it's a WHOLE lot better than sacrificing quality and/or content just to fit a huge game on one freaking disc. Eff you Microsoft for choosing to go with such small discs, your "trail blazing" is messing things up royally.

Did they have disc swaps for oblivion and fallout 3?

I havn't used a console since my old PS2 when it was still new on the market, so I have apparently not followed the times in that area...

Oblivion fit on a single layer disk.

For those that are worrying about the disc layout don't need to worry. With the compression tech they have now uncompressed it will be around 250GB. Oblivion now that I remember was around 70GB uncompressed. (Was wrong about the 50GB and other stuff.) Nothing will be cut out. Unless it is to be optimized for better performance.

How would a multiple disc-game on a 360 work?

very annoyingly

LA Noire is two discs, so is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. You have to swap discs like its 1997. It's annoying.

My xbox LA noire had 3 discs.. pretty annoying but the game was good.

Edited by Jakeschulz

Swapping discs doesn't really work on an open-world game because everything streams in while traversing the overworld, not unless they have all the towns and dungeons on one disk and the overworld on another, which would be extremely annoying.