Confirmed: Skyrim will fit on ONE Xbox 360 Disc

CrzyFooL

I'm kinda pissed to hear this, since no matter what system you get it for (PC for me) it means there's a chance they've had to CUT. And I don't like that one bit. I don't mind it if all the console players have to swap discs...that's the sacrifice one can make for choosing consoles, but it's a WHOLE lot better than sacrificing quality and/or content just to fit a huge game on one freaking disc. Eff you Microsoft for choosing to go with such small discs, your "trail blazing" is messing things up royally.

No reason to be pissed, Nate. There are a couple of things that cause an advanced gaming experience; storage space and PACKAGING (among others). This means that if the packaging is advanced enough to where they can fit huge amounts of gaming content on a single disc, they'll do it. It is confirmed that over 70 voices are being used in Skyrim. I don't think they're dumb enough to limit themselves to just a couple of lines per voice. Just think of the amount of content red dead redemption has on that one disc, all with stellar graphics. definitely packaged very well. Storage space isn't always crippling. And don't blame Microsoft; the release of the 360, if i remember correctly, was before all of that Blu-ray and HD-DVD stuff. It isn't their fault they jumped the gun. Wait maybe it is... lol. Nevertheless, limited space has never stopped developers from making outta this world games for the 360, and it won't stop Bethesda. And most modern games that i've been able to compare from 360 to a top-line PC, the differences were purely graphical, with the space from dvd size on the 360 to your 20 gig pc games. Don't worry, you'll have your twenty gigs, and it will graphically stomp my console version. All's well, friend.

Edited by brothersanguine

Swapping discs doesn't really work on an open-world game because everything streams in while traversing the overworld, not unless they have all the towns and dungeons on one disk and the overworld on another, which would be extremely annoying.

You could have the world on both discs but the dialogue and cutscenes for the main quest split across the two, that way you'd only need to switch discs once during the main quest.

Swapping discs doesn't really work on an open-world game because everything streams in while traversing the overworld, not unless they have all the towns and dungeons on one disk and the overworld on another, which would be extremely annoying.

You could have the world on both discs but the dialogue and cutscenes for the main quest split across the two, that way you'd only need to switch discs once during the main quest.

exactly .. thats the only way it would work .. its just silly though .. audio compression is pretty good these days and this doesnt restrict them as much as some people may think it would

There is always disk installation. If it hasn't already been mentioned. 2 disk with 1 disk to install to the hard drive. Unless you're still stuck with the original 20gb HDD.

Makes me wish there'd be an option for a single layer Blu-ray disc with all textures on maximum for those who actually have the computers to handle the textures. For PC you see and offering all stock Bethesda textures at 4096x4096. IDGAF, I have one internal hard drive which is 1TB solely for games and nothing else.

Glad I'm never going to purchase another The Elder Scrolls or Fallout title for console ever again.

There is always disk installation. If it hasn't already been mentioned. 2 disk with 1 disk to install to the hard drive. Unless you're still stuck with the original 20gb HDD.

Which is why I wouldn't work.What would they do, put a label on the game that says you have to have a 120 gig hard-drive in order to play?So many people would be pissed.

Which is why I wouldn't work.What would they do, put a label on the game that says you have to have a 120 gig hard-drive in order to play?So many people would be pissed.

120gb? You "can" do it with a 20gb hdd. Just most people have it filled with other content. You can download whole games now via xbox live. No excuses. They made it one disk because of people who will whine about how they had to take a disk out. Personally I'd rather not have to put it in. Edited by SHIROryuu

So in other words, all that big exploration theyve been on about is all gonna be in recycled areas.

Great.

No, not at all.

As far as I know they got rid of speed tree and put every little thing on the ground by hand.

And the forests and other outside enviroments looked very unique.