My new computer makes beeping sounds when playing?

ILikeMorrowind

I just bought a HP Celeron a300n w/ 2.6 ghz, 256ram, 40 gigs. The game runs beautifully except these annoying random beeps that come from inside the computer. I don't know if moving my character around with keys is causing winXP to try the same thing causing those beeps.

I'm sure no one has brought this up before, but please help me if you can. Thanks.

Well, I replaced keyboards and the beeping seemed to have went away. Do you think the keyboard that came with teh computer had conflicting issues? Keys stuck or something? Whatever it is, looks like its gone now.

Don't press Shift of Alt while holding down the forward and left keys on an HP keyboard. This could also be because the game has randomly marked the Shift key as being held down and you've pressed the forward and left keys at the same time.

If you're prepared to do some wire ripping to get rid of the problem, you merely have to find the jumper that connects the case speaker to the motherboard and disconnect it. It's usually a four- or three-wire connector both coming from (Apparently, since you can't actually see the case terminal) and going to the same area as the power switch and HDD light wires.

Your real problem is that you have a HP, get rid of it and get a real computer that dosn't su*k. I have a HP, pent4, win XP, 40gb, wirlessLAN, 1,somthingghrzprocesser, 64mb video grapics card thingy, 556mb or RAM, it is completely unrealiable fromthe day I bought it, This chrismas I'm going to introduse my HP to somthing known for it's reliability, my AK-47. :angry: HP S**Ks!!!! I now have an aleinware, unlike the HP it dosnt crash all the time have many stupid errors and the screen dosn't go dead, and the power button works and there are not constant cyclic redundancy check F**king with every aspect of it, but the HP did all that crap and more. I still suffer from XP problems but overall I'm finally happy.

Well, I changed my hp keyboard for a Micro keyboard, and I don't have taht beep sound anymore (as said above). I think it was due to the wiring inside and/or one of the keys were stuck inside. I haven't yet had problems with this keyboard.

As for Hp's, I've always had them in the past because they've been quite reliable to me. However, I hate xp, but obviouisly it'll be the minimal requirement to play a game in the future, not win98 (darn).

good idea Marxist.

I built my computer and it's uber-reliable except for that one piece of software on it that has lots of bugs....

Give you two guessues, though you'll probably only need one. :lol:

when you build it though try not to over clock it too much or you wont get beeping sounds, you'lkl get a jet taking off. One of my computers has 8 fans :construction: and in the orning it wkes everybody up. (not to mention the surround sound, mw just doesnt feel the same without it) :P :spam: :spam: :spam:

Well, with my computer it always beeps when I try to strife diagonally to the left while running (aka Shift+W+A). It's wierd. It's not a HP either... :huh: and it doesn't happen with any other games, just Morrowind. Go figure.

Archived