Faulting module MWSE 9.4

rando3

1. What Windows edition are you running?
  2. How big is your hard drive?
  3. How may drives do you use?
  4. When did you last defrag that drive?
  5. Try this - Auslogics Disk Defrag - it's free and fast.
  6. Are you running a 64 bit system or a 32 bit system?

Believe it or not, these are only some of the possible answers to your problem! I mention disk defrag as a lot of gamers have the impression that because they have a large hard disk, they do not need to defrag. In actual fact it IS necessary, since as you use a file (ANY FILE), it will be fragmented and the programme cannot find it as it is spread over vaious sections of the hard disk!

The only way to counter this is to defrag your drive(s) regularly - say at least once a week. I use Windows 7 PRO 64 bit and have had not trouble in using Morrowind or Oblivion!

The question was general not entirely personal, but since you asked:

1. XP Profesional

2. 80g partioned in half with 6g free space

3. 1 built in two external

4. Ccleaner, Defraggler, plus Windows defrag once a week

5. 32 bit

With reguard to my computer, i am always on the ball. It was tuned up 3 hours before game. But what does this have to do with "faulting module mwse.dll, version 0.9.4.0"?

I have Oblivion too and I have had only 3 CTD in since I installed it 2 months ago and that was due to playing in window mode so I could alt tab to references in my saved Wiki folders (96 mods OBSE included). OBSE works yet MWSE fails. I must add that I have 100 mods installed and had to remove Gnaar Mok expanded due to yes-to-all grey screen of death. I decided to delete the Saves and reclean the mods start over.

The reason I asked is as follows:

1. Not all Windows versions treat programmes alike, so what may be a good answer for one system is not necessarily a good answer for another system.
  2. Fine it seems you're making sure that you keep your system clean - it's surprising how many people don't think it's necessary!
  3. This was a question that all to few people neglect, if for instance saving your game saves means you have somewhere to put them if you have remove Morrowind.
  4. the question about the number of bit - 32 bit or 64 bit is again a measure of how an O/S handles the information.

I would also look at getting a good anti-virus scanner as well, but that error message you're getting seems to be something to do with MWSEI would imagine you have had it on your system and have now removed it, and at least one mod needed it. If you can find out which mod, remove that ant the message should go away.

Go to your Data Files page and uncheck ALL the mods except for Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon esms.

1. Restart the game do a quicksave exit and then restart the game. That error message should now have vanished.
  2. Check one or two mods, and follow the instructioons in 1.
  3. Keep on with this until the error message re-appears.
  4. If you only check one mod at a time, then the last one will be the culprit, otherwise uncheck all you put in and then proceed one mod at a time until the error message appears again.
  5. That mod is the culprit, so uncheck it and continue with the rest of the mods to the end or until end.

Any mods unchecked rely on MWSE and are the ones causing the error message, so they can be deleted.

Protective Guards to fight MCA villains and Universal Companion Share for my 'pack animals' requires MWSE. Note that I had Gnaar Mok Expanded. Everytime I boated in I got the yes-to-all grey screen of death. I deleted the mod and continued the game. The vanilla returned but, I noticed that I got CTD when ever I passed what I suspected the mod's borders, also I had witnessed a strange phenomina of infinite multiplication of MCA npcs that filled the landscape, so I decided to delete the Saves and reclean the mods start over. I had no problems since 9six hours without fail).

If the only solution to fixing MWSE is deleting it, then whats the point of it's invention?

There may be a way around this. check the version of MWSE that you have, often there are later versions of the same programme.

Regretably, 0.9.4a 2007 IS the latest. Originally I had MCA Guards but they never did anything when the hostiles attacked, so I switched to Protective Guards, which requires mwse but, has made the game more lively and Universal Companionshare allows me to repair companion weapon/armor and make soldiers out of commoners. Purhaps it's time for MWSE 0.9.5, if it would make any difference.