Weather stuck in Oblivion Gate storm

Red Eclipse

For whatever reason the weather in my main save is stuck in an oblivion gate rain storm. I have tried changing the weather via the console, which works but as soon as I enter a new cell it reverts back to the red sky and rain. It started when I went through an oblivion gate and deactivated it only to find after being teleported back to Tamriel that the weather had not changed back. I tried traveling to areas like the Imperial City that wouldn't normally be effected by such weather but nothing has worked. I haven't installed any mods that effect weather recently (as far as I know), though I do use Weather - All Natural (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18305). The weather is normal in the world of newly created characters, I even made a character and then went through the Kavatch oblivion gate and when I came out the weather was as it should be. The issue only effects the one savegame (my main), so if i had to guess I would say that some script somewhere in this character's adventure got screwed up, but I can't seem to fix it.

I have put lots of time into this character and would like to be able to continue with clear skies, not red ones.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try this. Open the console and type:

coc center
set timescale to 30
saveini

Now wait (do not go anywhere else) for a full four days. Now type:

save "New Save Game"

Wait 'til it saves and then type:

qqq

Re-start Oblivion and load your saved game. Fast travel to somewhere like Weye. Fixed?

Hickory, cool, I just Downloaded Mushroom Manor (Modernized) a couple days ago and I have to say I really like it. It is cluttered very well and captures that authentic lived in look. I'll definitely be using it.

Anyways I just fiddled around with the game for a fair little while like you said. First thing I noticed after using coc center was the default night sky in the cell, before any cell I went to had the red Oblivion sky. Waited four ingame days and saved, But when I load the game, I see the world for a little less then a second, then the game CTDs. After a few tries I managed to get into my inventory before the game crashed, when I am in my inventory or open the console the game is fine but as soon as I exit, it crashes. Anyway I tried using the map to get to Weye, and then used coc testing hall (to see if an interior cell made any difference), both times the loading screen was triggered but as soon as the cell was loaded the game crashed.

Never seen an issue like this in the game before. I really appreciate the help though.

Out of a suspicion that All Natural was causing the problem, I re-downloaded and installed it today, no difference. I think it was a fairly old version before though because I got it when Immersive Interiors (love that mod) first came out. And actually on a side note, I think future Hickory/Ithlia house mods could benefit greatly from Immersive Interiors. ;)

I looked through the comments page for all natural and didn't see any issue like mine but now that you say you had this I'll look into it more. Uninstalling it didn't seem to have an effect but I'll keep tinkering.

This is not an All Natural issue if you are getting CTD while you are in 'Center' (no man's land). This is a save game corruption of some sort. Run your save through Wrye Bash's 'Remove Bloat' function, and also check for the ABomb bug. And be sure you are using BOSS and a Bashed Patch.

Actually I think I just fixed it. I thought for sure it was an issue with the game's default weather or something because uninstalling All Natural didn't make any apparent difference. But, I did just try uninstalling it and then going through the steps listed in your first response Hickory. It looks like All Natural had some lasting effects on the game's weather even after being uninstalled, and just needed a chance to reset. However like you said it looks like there are still a few little issues with things as the game was CTDing like that.

I will try to get Wrye Bash figured out, funny you mention it though as I just downloaded it last night thinking maybe it could help, but I probably should have had for a while now. I have used BOSS but I still need to find out how to make a Bashed Patch.

Anyways yeah, looks like you were both right.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Postcount != wisdom. All natural is (at least part of) the cause for the stuck oblivion gate weather. I can't say it's connected to the random crashes, those could be anything. But I know for certain that older versions of All Natural had the stuck oblivion gate weather; there was even a separate patch for it. Also, you really should have used Wrye Bash to begin with, because All Natural will never work properly without. Make sure you read the readme of All Natural thoroughly, especially when it concerns updating to a new version. It comes with very specific instructions. If you get CTD's after uninstalling AN, try to uninstall all of AN except the Real Lights plugin, as your savegame may become dependent on it. In newer versions of All Natural, if you get stuck gateweather again, approach a gate and turn back away from it, and the weather should fix itself in a little while. It will only bug out sometimes when closing a gate.

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem and was able to fix it the very same way.

It was devinitely related to All Natural... or at least the AllNatural.esm - made the mistake to only deactivate the files first instead of the whole omod, so I kept getting error massages related to the (deactivated) AllNatural.esm when opening the console. After deactivating the whole omod the weather still didn't change... after I did this thing that Hickory wrote in his first post, however, all went back to normal. How beautiful a clear night sky looks, when you've had only heavy rain storms in the last weeks traveling through tamriel... :o

Thank you!

Edited by Cayce