Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

the original poster of this thread has been banned

and read the title slowly

this thread can lead to nothing good.

waiter -- lock please

The creator of the thread was banned over a dispute in chat and for slandering a moderator. It has nothing to do with this thread as far as I know. It seems like the thread has been a productive way of expressing your opinion of the CE so far, why lock it?

I can't wait to use and see the products that I've purchased with my 170-180 bucks. If they aren't worth it in the end, I'll just be in denial about it and keep a smile about it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the original poster of this thread has been banned

and read the title slowly

this thread can lead to nothing good.

waiter -- lock please

The creator of the thread was banned over a dispute in chat and for slandering a moderator. It has nothing to do with this thread as far as I know. It seems like the thread has been a productive way of expressing your opinion of the CE so far, why lock it?

I can't wait to use and see the products that I've purchased with my 170-180 bucks. If they aren't worth it in the end, I'll just be in denial about it and keep a smile about it.

Ohh I see , thanks for letting us know!!! :thumbsup:

I would either if:

I lived in America, so I can pay in USD.

or

The price drops to 100 euro.

The pricing is not fair for Europe and other countries, when will people see that 1$ does not equal 1 €?

Anyway, talking about it's contents.

The statue, while being made out of PVC, is a collectors item and quite detailed too.

The Artbook has 200 pages, speaks for itself.

The other stuff (except the game) is useless.

So yes, I would buy it if it would cost 100€, not 150€.

At least for Europe, you can sort of get some guy not realising that $ and € are the same thing :P... In Australia, it costs $200.

These things are priceless for the real fans ;) This is not a waste of money!

So those of us who want to get in and experience the game, maybe to enhance it further with our OWN artistic endeavours, and care about that above all plastic statues and artbooks are not real fans? And those of us who are going to be pushed to buy the standard edition are not real fans either?

There are a lot of dedicated TES fans who are on a seriously tight budget. I am likely going to have to do what Ghogiel suggested and sell some existing games to finance even the standard edition. I chose to blow spare money when I had it to build the rig to play the game on. And there are many thousands like me. Doing the math, standard edition - £27.99, CE £130 - the £100 quid difference buys quite a lot of essentials.

By all means, those who want to buy the CE and have the means to do so, should do it, and I hope that they really enjoy their purchases. But please, let's not suggest that those who choose not to/cannot afford to are not real fans. Like I said, sometimes the ugly realities of life mean that there are other priorities.

I don't think bravo meant it like that "These things are priceless for the real fans .. This is not a waste of money!" Hes just defending his purchase is all .. The title of this thread alone makes me feel defensive <_< .. Like I'm an idiot for buying something I don't need .. The making of video will be all over the net and the statue is plastic .. comments like that are annoying if you just put out 150 bucks for the set .. I'm happy with my buy but I see a lot of people acting like bethesda is trying to rip people off... The way I see it is they are trying to get money for there next big game that I will certainly want to play.

As far as the DVD being on youtube .. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be o_O .. That wasn't posted by bethesda .. you might as well download the game if your the kind of person who sees media as a free resource... I gladly pay for entertainment .. It's sorta how I plan to make a living in life so I wouldn't want people stealing my work.

I'm sure we would all buy it if it were cheaper, and maybe had more stuff in it.

Just look at the Mass Effect 3 CE.

A tin case with Shepard artwork, a 70 page hardcover book, a lithograph, a exclusive comic and in-game items. All that for only 80$.

That's a great deal compared to the 150$/€ (or 200$) for a 200 page book, Alduin statue and making of.

Not saying it's a bad deal. Hey it's a collectors edition, it's meant to be bought by fan collectors.

Edited by Iv000

ME's CE is even worse .. mostly in game junk .. a patch and a metal case .. soundtrack and a 70 page artbook .. its much cheaper at least

I wasn't very creative when choosing a comparison. :rolleyes:

What I wanted to say is that Skyrim's is too expensive compared to the others.