Nexas problem

This is not really a NV problem but a problem I am having with the Nexus site. After the new format when I attempt to download a file the screen greys out a small box pops up and then disapears and will only let me refresh the page and try again. I have added the nexus to trusted sites and even disabled anti-virus to no avail. I would welcome any suggestions or advise. Thank you.

This is not really a NV problem but a problem I am having with the Nexus site. After the new format when I attempt to download a file the screen greys out a small box pops up and then disapears and will only let me refresh the page and try again. I have added the nexus to trusted sites and even disabled anti-virus to no avail. I would welcome any suggestions or advise. Thank you.

i'm having the same problem, no mater what files i try to download,

i'm having the same problem, no mater what files i try to download,

Same thing for me, using XP and IE8..

Edit: Right click the download link and click Copy Shortcut, paste in address bar. That works for me.

Also disabling my custom hosts file(blocks ads) made no difference.

Edit2: I have similar problems on another site I visit and its usually only me, 100 percent of the time it is from me still using Windows XP and IE8, The website programmer there is cool and cleans up the code so it works for me as well. Maybe someone from here will look into it. If you guy's don't have XP/IE8, then I have no idea. Use my workaround.

Edited by davidalangrier

i read something on here the other day that said the new format might not be as compadible with internet explorer. you might try chrome or firefox.

i use chrome and have no problems.

Here's a poll thread on browsers

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/404816-which-browser-are-you-using/

Go to your preferences and set "File download method" to "separate page"

Thanks, that works but it doesn't open a new page/tab like it says it does(at least for me). It goes to the "select a server" page but fullscreen on the orginal tab. Which means you have to hit back a couple of times to get back to the original mod page. I then saw that using the mouse wheel button on the download link opens it in a new tab just fine without changing the preference, which I tried earlier and it didn't work. But now for some reason I just tried clicking the link on the mod page....and it worked. No idea....

The info is appreciated though, thank you.

The new nexus is horrible. I really dont like it, We need an option to go back to the old version. The current one crashes,stops responding,or just doesnt work

I.E Earlier I was downloading a mod clicked it,came back 15 mins later and nothing. No error.Just sat there. As pretty as the site is I hate it so far Its just so slow and well,fat.