Vampire overhauls?

Lehcar

What in your opinion is the best vampire overhaul mod out there? (cause there are quite a number of them.)

Tried Terran Vampires once, I think, found it too buggy to use myself. Currently I'm using LTD vampire overhaul, which is VERY good despite some bugs. I've heard Unholy Darkness is also quite an excellent one that stands out. I haven't tried it but to be honest I don't like the sounds of its feature introducing garlic weakness to all vampires, because that totally and completely goes against game lore. Vicente Valtieri explicitly says that garlic has no effect on vampires, he's been a vampire for over 300 years, so he's been around quite a lot and has met many others, and yet he is the only vampire he has ever known to be adversely affected by garlic. (I'm rather a lore freak, lol).

Edited by Lehcar

I'm currently using LG Vampire Bloodlines v2 at the moment, it reintroduces the concept of vampire clans vying for power across Cyrodill, and version 2 has a few quests for each clan. Before that I used Blood is Everything, which was good because it allows you to circumvent the vampire face bugs, and because of the wealth of powers and choices available to you in terms of gameplay. It was rather convoluted though, lots of script effect spells cluttering the menu.

Either of those two I would say are my favourites, they are both a welcome improvement over the vanilla vampirism, which frankly was awful. Feeding makes you weaker? Never made sense to me.

PS: Sorry for the long post.

I tried Unholy Darkness and didn't like parts of it (the quests, the messages embedded in the mod from the author asking for money). What I ended up using is Scorn's Vampirism Revised that I tweaked to fix a few spelling errors, plus Vampire Race Disabler. I wanted to use LTD's Vampire Overhaul, but my game crashes mercilessly with it for some reason.

What in your opinion is the best vampire overhaul mod out there? (cause there are quite a number of them.)

Tried Terran Vampires once, I think, found it too buggy to use myself. Currently I'm using LTD vampire overhaul, which is VERY good despite some bugs. I've heard Unholy Darkness is also quite an excellent one that stands out. I haven't tried it but to be honest I don't like the sounds of its feature introducing garlic weakness to all vampires, because that totally and completely goes against game lore. Vicente Valtieri explicitly says that garlic has no effect on vampires, he's been a vampire for over 300 years, so he's been around quite a lot and has met many others, and yet he is the only vampire he has ever known to be adversely affected by garlic. (I'm rather a lore freak, lol).

tried Terran Vampires, if you liked it aside of the bugs you'll be happy to know there is a more finished better and way less buggy version on it's way :thumbsup: