Cannot Open Console in ANY Bethesda game. HELP. PLEASE.

JadeMargery

Alright, it wasn't such a big deal with Fallout and New Vegas--I figured hey, I save often enough, I don't need to cheat, it's not that buggy for me, who cares? And then in Oblivion, well, you can get that handy console-ring mod. But Morrowind is the sticker--I want to start modding it, 'cuz it's my favorite, not to mention the fact that every now and then there's a bug or something that I need the console to fix, and absolutely nothing I've tried has worked.

I am running Windows 7.

--I don't have any bloody 'IR' drivers. I've checked every single device in Device manager. There are none to disable.

--If someone tries to tell me where the console key is, I will bite you. I know where it is. It is the button under 'ESC', next to '1'. It seems like every thread I've found on this problem, some brilliant person says 'The console key is next to 1!' Like you're just having trouble finding it.

--My keyboard compatibility is US Default, but I have tried running it in different modes, such as UK and US International too. None work.

--I have tried re-mapping the Tilde key to another key. The remap was successful, but still no go on the console.

--I have tried every other key on the keyboard, as well as combinations of keys, just to be thorough.

--I have updated and reinstalled my keyboard drivers. Still no worky.

Does ANYONE know how to fix this? It's not just a problem with Morrowind, like I said. All of my Bethesda games won't open the console. They were all legitimately purchased and have the latest patches. F3 and FNV were from Steam, but Oblivion and Morrowind are on disc.

At the very least, is there a console opening mod for Morrowind out there somewhere? :{

Edited by Jade Margery

At the very least, is there a console opening mod for Morrowind out there somewhere? :{

have you looked on tesnexus yet?

found quite a few in only 5 seconds

and then there are the ones for Oblivion, FO3 and Vegas too

have you looked on tesnexus yet?

found quite a few in only 5 seconds

and then there are the ones for Oblivion, FO3 and Vegas too

Could you give me some links for them? I searched in the Morrowind category for any mod with 'open console', 'console' or 'tilde' in the description and only found one: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37866

It has no endorsements, few downloads, and frankly I'm wary of using a mod when the maker doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on the english language. You said you found quite a few--care to share?