Oblivion Elder Scrolls Doesn't Start

Jalex69

Hi, I need some help on installing too.

I could use some help too. I got Oblivion version 1.1.425 to run on one of my computers but I want it on the other one too.

It's an Asus P4P800, 3.2 gig intel, 1 gig ram, with an ATI Radeon 9600 graphic card.

I install all the latest drivers in my Win 7 and it still crashes to desktop on start-up.

There are no Mods in it yet. I doesn't give me any errors as to what the problem might be.

All other games run on it just fine.

I could use some help too. I got Oblivion version 1.1.425 to run on one of my computers but I want it on the other one too.

It's an Asus P4P800, 3.2 gig intel, 1 gig ram, with an ATI Radeon 9600 graphic card.

I install all the latest drivers in my Win 7 and it still crashes to desktop on start-up.

There are no Mods in it yet. I doesn't give me any errors as to what the problem might be.

Uninstall the game, and install it somewhere OUTSIDE the program files folder. (C:\Games\Oblivion works good.)

You have an inadequate amount of ram to run the game under win7. That may be a real problem. (minimum requirement for 7 is 2 gig.)

Uninstall the game, and install it somewhere OUTSIDE the program files folder. (C:\Games\Oblivion works good.)

You have an inadequate amount of ram to run the game under win7. That may be a real problem. (minimum requirement for 7 is 2 gig.)

Here's the Thing, I used to run it on this computer about a year ago and it ran just fine and some how got deleted. It was a little jerky in the Goddess Store but otherwise ran fine.

Ok. I went to regedit and removed all references to it and also the Documents and settings. Then I installed it again and it still does the same thing.

I really don't know what else to try.

Does it make a file somewhere on start-up I can look at to find out what the error might be?

It says in the obliviondefault.ini file that more info will be in the warnings.txt file but I searched and I can't find that file anywhere.

It also says that 1 gig of ram is the minimum there and like I said it used to run fine this way.

Ok. I went to regedit and removed all references to it and also the Documents and settings. Then I installed it again and it still does the same thing.

I really don't know what else to try.

Does it make a file somewhere on start-up I can look at to find out what the error might be?

If you previously had Oblivion installed and it 'somehow' got deleted you undoubtedly have a registry mess left behind. Uninstall the game completely, use a good registry cleaner to get rid of all Oblivion related registry entries and then re-install (and make sure you do that outside of C:\Program Files).

Your RAM does look a little low for Win7. Don't forget that any background processes you are running will take up some of that RAM.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the WIKI section of the Nexus. It has been used by thousands of people to fix reinstall problems.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Oblivion_reinstall_procedure

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

Your RAM does look a little low for Win7. Don't forget that any background processes you are running will take up some of that RAM.

Here is a link to my complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the WIKI section of the Nexus. It has been used by thousands of people to fix reinstall problems.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Oblivion_reinstall_procedure

It allows you to preserve any saves and mods, or remove them completely - your choice.

Thanks, That should be a real help. I have already done most of that once but I may have missed a step. As far as spyware my progeams say it is clean and I am not sure about the register but it could need cleaning.