PAX Skyrim Videos

natelovesyou

I've seen a few people remark that they missed out on seeing the PAX Prime Skyrim videos that were on Youtube before they were taken down... I saved them in 1080p because I knew it would happen. :pirate: I wanted everyone to be able to see this in case people missed when I posted the links on another thread.

They're hosted on my Dropbox, so you can just click to load them or right-click and save them forever! :] So here you all go, enjoy!:

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Outdoor Pyromancy and Combat.mp4 (1:17, 57.3 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Skills Set.mp4 (0:12, 9.37 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Skyrim Skills and Equipment.mp4 (0:12, 9.4 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Town and NPC Interaction.mp4 (1:24, 61.8 MB, 1920x1080)

From a different user I believe, video may still be up. I couldn't find a better quality:

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Racial Diversity.flv (1:02, 6.04 MB, 640x360)

EDIT: I uploaded these on Youtube as well and set them to unlisted, so those without the link won't be able to find it. Hopefully.

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Outdoor Pyromancy and Combat.mp4 (1:17, 57.3 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Skills Set.mp4 (0:12, 9.37 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Skills and Equipment.mp4 (0:12, 9.4 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Town and NPC Interaction.mp4 (1:24, 61.8 MB, 1920x1080)

PAX Prime 2011 - Skyrim - Racial Diversity.flv (1:02, 6.04 MB, 640x360)

Or, you can download it in a .zip archive from Megaupload. If the link's down, let me know.

Note: Keep in mind that these videos were recorded from a camera from afar so people blocking the video and passing by was inevitable. Please try to refrain from complaining too much about that, we know. :] Just discussing the awesomeness within would be nice haha.

I did not record these videos, also. So please don't come to me about the camera work. :laugh:

Edited by natelovesyou

In that last video, there was a brief moment of a load screen. I have been a bit worried that the loading screen of Skyrim will be long to compensate for the detail. Does anyone have information of the time it takes to load the next "Cell". I just don't want a 3~5 minute load time. That will get very annoying.

I dont know any info on that either, but when i remember the quakecon demo when mister Howard was talking to the crowd, the game took a pretty long time to load...still that wasnt the full or finished version yet so they will still have time to optimize it.

I dont know any info on that either, but when i remember the quakecon demo when mister Howard was talking to the crowd, the game took a pretty long time to load...still that wasnt the full or finished version yet so they will still have time to optimize it.

Darn. :( The loading may be a drawback, but its still going to be an amazing game

Darn. :( The loading may be a drawback, but its still going to be an amazing game

It'll probably be faster on any sort of half ok PC me thinks.

You guys got to remember Bethsoft themselves said that it was late alpha and late alpha has no real optimization at all. They are saving optimizing it a month or so before it comes out.

From what it looks like is that the armor rating is over 100. Probably like Morrowind's System I'm guessing. I mean its Iron armor that is not very protective. So Daedric will definitely be way more. Probably over 60 or so just for the Armor

You guys got to remember Bethsoft themselves said that it was late alpha and late alpha has no real optimization at all. They are saving optimizing it a month or so before it comes out.

Takes anywhere from 6 - 2 1/2 weeks before release to press it. For most games it's about 3 weeks for going gold. I have seen several game take up to about 6 weeks before release. So a month before release gives probably a week at the most before the absolute cut off.