Bow crafting mod

Valkirie13

I've been searching the internet for mods that add WOODEN bows to the game, but could never find any, and i considered making it myself, but my modding skills are nowhere near skilled enough to make it. My idea was to make a crafting make that allows you to make various wooden bows out of different wood types, like maple and yew, and then use different bow "parts" to add certain effects, like different string types to make it faster, and some type of magical item to enchant it in various ways, so that the bow can suit your character, and, if the modder would like, to add fletching to it as well, with wooden arrows. If anyone is willing to give it a go, please post the link here if you finish it. : )

-Valkirie

I'm willing to give it a try, just give me a bit and I should have a basic version up today (I can't say I'll make a super advanced version quickly since I do have some other stuff to do, like testing on another mod I'm making and some other various things...)

EDIT: Make that later this week; I'm making a dungeon to find the materials in, and I love special effects and stuff :P Then there's also an NPC who builds the weapons for you. The spoiler has details on the weapons.

I have these woods planned. They will be found in a special area (as in, a new small worldspace) with a lot of trees, and you'll have a small quest to hunt for suitable trees to chop down with a battleaxe given to you for wood.

Weaker bows and sword handles:

• Cedar
  • Fir
  • Pine
  • Redwood
  • Spruce

Stronger bows and sword handles:

• Alder
  • Ash
  • Birch
  • Elm
  • Maple

Strongest bows and sword handles:

• Mahogany
  • Oak
  • Poplar
  • Willow

Fourteen different woods is good enough of choice I think :P Then for ores I have planned these.

Weaker bow and sword ores:

• Iron
  • Steel

Stronger bow and sword ores:

• Ebony
  • Orchish

Strongest bow and sword ores:

• Glass
  • Daedric

Items will be leveled so that weaker characters don't get super strong Daedric weapons. They'd be stronger than most weapons they can find at that level, but not so strong as to be unbalanced. They would, however, provide an edge. The ores will be found in the material dungeon. Leather will be obtained by killing and taking the hides of bears, wolves, and other animals. You would also need harvested ingredients to treat the "leather". Leather is used for the grip on a bow and the handle of a sword.

Also, if you do get a leveled weapon, every 5 levels you can pay the NPC to "harden" the weapon to make it stronger. He will take the weapon for two days, just like when he will forge it.

So far that's what I have planned. Details hidden in spoiler to reduce the large post size.

Edited by Guest

Maybe you can put together a new monster. Can be simple as a troll/dryad/spriggan with a few branches sticking out. Maybe a crazed treant like the ones in world of warcraft or other sources. Will the wood be on leveled lists. Or guarded by packs the better the wood?

Thanks so much, when i posted this i was worried it might have no responses, have fun :)

I always have fun with what I do ;D

I was thinking of having a new monster, the Wood Spriggan, which would have different types that are around different trees, such as Oak Spriggans, Ash Spriggans, and Willow Spriggans. But that'll be for later. Wood will be unleveled. The only thing wood does is make a better look and add more health to the weapon (less repairing needed). Combined with a better steel, such as Glass, you'll have a very strong weapon. The steel type will improve the damage. These weapons, however, are leveled with damage. There'd be an Oak-Iron, for instance, leveled list that had all the levels for Oak combined with iron and the different animal hide you used for leather.(haven't decided on them yet. Possibly will add those guys to the island for population, stating that they are of a special breed needed for the leather.) In total, that's three times five, making fifteen, multiplied by fourteen, making two-hundred ten, multiplied by six, for a total of 1260 different leveled items...

Doing the math now, it seems I will have a considerable bit of work in the leveling department :psyduck: (That's a lot of new items too!) It may take longer than a week for the "full" version, but a basic version with the island and all the animals and stuff should be up by next week. Along with some basic forging.

EDIT: 1260 times 2 actually, including the bows this time :P Total of 2520 leveled items!

Edited by Guest

Bows for sure currently will be retextures, because I know they are a pain to make and don't want to have to ask anyone to do so (unless they want to of course).

My current progress on the mod has been mostly the medium island. I have it all done shape wise, and for the most part landscaped (texture wise; grass and stuff). I have currently a hilly area, heavily forested area [in progress], and a swampy area planned. So far I have a bit of the forested area done.

Since the island is too high up for a boat, you use a magical carpet to get there :P Original, I know. You go to The Flaming Hammer (disguised as an inn), west of Weye to board the carpet. I haven't worked on it since Thursday though, since I've been busy. I've been reconnecting a lot of stuff in my house, mostly game consoles. I've been rebuilding a part of my desk too, so I've been doing a bit. I should have some time probably tomorrow to continue working on it.

The swords may be new models. No promises :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...