Prejudice

kvnchrist

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World wide, women have less rights. Most of the middle east has laws that strongly discriminate women, and even the US and other European countries have laws.

China has certain birth laws, and most people in China prefer to have boys due to it. Take note that the majority of the worlds population lives in China.

In western countries there may not be many discriminatory laws, but the social attitude still causes discrimination.

So far I have seen two things for your argument, the draft and child support. The draft argument is valid. Child support is also pretty valid.

The problem is that there is a lot more discriminatory action towards women.

Thank you! This is what I was trying to say in the first place.

I'm not self-hating, btw. I just don't think feminism is what caused the draft and child support problems--the problem is this belief that women are either delicate flowers or conniving succubi out for your shiny things and genetic material.

So you agree with what the woman did?

And we have what appears to be yet another logical fallacy--"If you're not with us, you're against us." :rolleyes: It's a really bad method of arguing.

What do you think about that case then?

Well, I certainly don't think sperm-stealing or behaving like a manipulative demon is in any way good. I also think it is nowhere near as common as you think--the sites you're reading have an agenda, which is to demonize women and promote male supremacy. Not all women are manipulative combinations of succubus and magpie, and feminism doesn't cause those behaviours. Some people are born without empathy, some are made that way. It's not acknowledged as a "feminist act" to entrap someone.

When people appear in the media as suspects or defendants in any case, they're guilty until proven innocent--your MRA blogs, the Daily Mail, The Star, etc. are all spinning the stories to make the suspect/defendant look as bad as possible. Unless there's a female rape victim involved, in which case, the media may blame her.

Male supremacy? aren't you a male? tell me, what sort of supremacy are you enjoying? Most males throughout history enjoyed no such supremacy, they were sent off to die in wars or work bottomrung jobs at high risk to their health, and it is still true to a large extent, that is supremacy?

I'm not denying this. I am saying that that happens partly because women are treated like delicate flowers who can't do anything, but more because people in power tend to have no empathy. Why blame women for all your troubles, when they didn't cause this?

I know I'll be taken more seriously than a woman in my same life situation purely because of my gender--I won't be called a delicate princess and discouraged from doing "tough" jobs. Nobody will deny that I own my body. Whereas, both social conservatives and radical feminists deny that women have free will too. I don't enjoy this position one bit, but that's not to say it isn't true. I fight against the unfair expectations placed on both sexes--and the unfair expectation on people whose gender is not binary, to live a lie.

Most women don't want to do those 'tough jobs'. That is a matter of choice. Ask how many women want to work long and hard in a mine? a dangerous job with good pay. You they are discouraged from doing it? or do they not want to do it?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/two-speed-salaries-leave-women-behind/story-fn59niix-1226117776603

Ritchie said retail was struggling compared to male-dominated sectors such as mining, and blamed the poor economy for retail's comparatively lower wages. "Obviously if retail was doing as well (as mining) we would be able to give larger bonuses," she said. "This is a commission-based business, so a lot of girls have sacrificed their commission to stay in the industry."

Edited by Stardusk

World wide, women have less rights. Most of the middle east has laws that strongly discriminate women, and even the US and other European countries have laws.

We do? I think these laws that discriminate women need to be brought up.

If I brought them up it would start a off topic debate, I would think they were obvious.

If I brought them up it would start a off topic debate, I would think they were obvious.

I am not talking about the Middle East. What, the US and Europe discriminates against women in 2011?

I am not talking about the Middle East. What, the US and Europe discriminates against women in 2011?

To clarify, laws that discriminate.

To clarify, laws that discriminate.

Which ones specifically?

Which ones specifically?

Abortion laws in Poland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

I will possibly grant you that and in the UK, USA, Germany and others?

I think that many US states have similar abortion laws to that of Ireland. If not, I know for a fact that many politicians are pushing for laws like that.

I was talking about abortion laws mainly, which is why I didn't want to bring it up considering the topic I made got closed almost instantly.