Anybody in the same boat?

MizerD

I started gaming with Morrowind (on pc) and have been hooked on the elderscrolls after about 30 nano seconds of playing the game! :laugh: I owned oblivion on pc, and the GOTY on PS3. I love tes games on pc because of the modability they offer.

Ok, so heres my problem...

Due to many things mainly stress, my pc ended up nailed to a tree and shot! :tongue: and at the moment i cant afford a new one to play Skyrim on when it comes out, so i'm having to get it for the PS3 first and plan to get it on pc ASAP.

Anybody else doing this?

My budget is ZERO just now but by the end of november if all goes well, i'll have a £1600 budget for a shiny new PC.

Haha nothing is salvagable from the tree... well no thats a lie, i still have a decent monitor, mouce n all that :)

I suggest that you buy the parts from web sites like newegg and do so over the course of time. Then when all the pieces are bought build it yourself or get someone to do it that you know is good at it. It is much cheaper and less junk to deal with when buying a commercial brand.

• 1 month later...

dont buy pieces over time. im not sure if LordWushin meant build it yourself over an already assembled PC or if he meant to buy the pieces as you go, but if its the latter, dont do it!

for one reason, the longer you wait, the more chance something has to drop in price, be on sale, come with a bonus item, be in a combo, etc...also if your saving, and you wait, then buy the time you have money, maybe something better will be out and will be worth it....but most importanlty, if you buy everything at different times, and you finally put it together, something may not work, and you may miss the RMA period for the item. better to buy it all at once, assemble it and make sure everything works. cause if not, you can RMA with no problem. instead of finding out down the road that the GPU you bough a month ago doesnt work but your finding out just now.

but yea. deff build it from scratch. which im sure you were gunna do anyways