The reason why there isn't much Skyrim info

Revengeance

This time it has been different, developers were all over the forum posting misleading garbage in the run up to the release of Oblivion, there was a backlash after the release of the game when the finished product was nothing like we'd been led to believe. It was almost like the developers were doing the marketing after marketing had designed the game.

You're at RPGCodex, too? I'm there as Malichaixx. I don't say much though. I got my forum sig from that very post. I'm very glad skyrim is taking a different tack, because it really went too far with Oblivion.

There sure as hell wasn't 'hundreds of ways' to get the diamond. Not even half a dozen ways. Todd shouldn't have exaggerated so strongly. Then again, there's no computer on the general market that could handle a game for that much variety in quests, so a truckload of salt should be taken.

I don't think the meant literally a hundred ways. I'm sure it was just a figure of speech. I'm guessing what he meant was that you can do things your way, the way you wanna do it, you know?. Some of the other quotes seem more like the developers opinions than lies. Some other stuff mentioned is actually true. Edited by xxXEvandarXxx

no one is saying there is as much as there was with oblivion .. oblivion was over sold by marketing and underated by morrowind fans .. plus they didnt deliver on everything they promised .. oblivion was teased for a few years before it came out .. skyrim is being teased for a few months ... and they are only releasing 100% confirmed information instead of there early expectations to avoid people bitching they way people did with oblivion .. under sell the product and over deliver .. thats the method they are going for this time around and for good reason.

umm.... Bethesda dropped the Skyrim trailer in Jan. 2011.... 10 months before release date... betcha they started testing this beast before Jan. 2011... i'll speculate they've been testing since. Nov. 2010. at least sometime in the Fall of 2010.

no one is saying there is as much as there was with oblivion .. oblivion was over sold by marketing and underated by morrowind fans .. plus they didnt deliver on everything they promised .. oblivion was teased for a few years before it came out .. skyrim is being teased for a few months ... and they are only releasing 100% confirmed information instead of there early expectations to avoid people bitching they way people did with oblivion .. under sell the product and over deliver .. thats the method they are going for this time around and for good reason.

umm.... Bethesda dropped the Skyrim trailer in Jan. 2011.... 10 months before release date... betcha they started testing this beast before Jan. 2011... i'll speculate they've been testing since. Nov. 2010. at least sometime in the Fall of 2010.

Whats your point.. Nothing you said changes anything I said.

I just love how quotes from the development lead up to Oblivion are repeatedly rehashed over and over again in an attempt to make Bethesda look bad. Fact is OB was only half a game and it was still Beth's best selling game to date. FO3 utterly decimated OB's sales figures and was only one third the size. Skyrim will do the same, topping FO3 by a large margin. FO3 shipped 4.7 million copies on day one and SR will likely exceed 6 million. That's really all you need to know.

Whats your point.. Nothing you said changes anything I said.

I was about to ask the kid the same question haha. I don't see his point, really.

I am inclined to agree about the disappointment in all the features "removed" from oblivion, as many were there and simply unfinished or deemed unworthy of the game. It was also a shame that bethesda teased people with planned features that never made it into the finished product. (and I will forever wonder why those features weren't continued into a patch, at least, when they had them started before release)

How this ties into Skyrim tho, is that bethesda is a great company that understands how s*** gets done and how it 'should' get done. And while I can't help but acknowledge their flaws and mistakes; They learn from those mistakes and 'attempt' to do better... and that, more than anything, makes them a respectable company. This is more than I can say about... nearly every other gaming company.

So yea... they did good in not over-selling the game this time and still making it look desirable. But now you've made me wonder at what features they didnt show and are ditching >.> lol

For what we know right now- It is 'very' disappointing to learn of some changes that I or others would have done differently, However I don't think this will ruin my experience.

Skyrim will be great... but not everyones cup of tea... so enjoy it while it you can :)